V300 Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 06/12/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Vintage: V300
With its solid spruce top and eco-conscious nato wood neck, the Vintage V300 acoustic folk guitar represents an ideal introduction to playing full size acoustic guitars. Its straightforward no-frills performance and traditional looks have much to offer guitarists of all abilities.
 9.4
 9.6
 9.2
review (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
V300 Reviewed by: Hexodrome, on june 12, 2006

Features: The Vintage V300 was recently voted "The Best Guitar Under 1000" and it really lives up to the hype. For a cheap acoustic, it has a suprisingly good tone, with a lot less low end than any other guitar in this range. I had previously used a Collins acoustic which I bought for a whole 40. Its don't know when or where it was made. The wood is excellent, it has a spruce top with a nato wood neck which is incredibly fast playing. The Bridge is rosewood and it has 20 frets but 14 accessible frets. // 10

Sound: The sound is amazing. The bright high end tone is a lot more dominent than the low end which makes most songs sound great. I play mostly blues, pop and rock on this and it is amazing. It is a loud guitar considering the price and the sustain is very good. It has a sound much more sofisticated than the price tag. It's brilliant in every way. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action needed a little adjusting because I found it too high but now I generally play with a capo so this isn't really an issue. Everything was set up perfectly. There was only one problem when I recieved it. When I opened the box, the guitar was protected by a foam sheet, but when I took it off the guitar, neck and all was covered in this little white, asbestos like substance. It was easily wipable away and didnt affect anything but I don't understand how that happened. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar hasn't got a scratch on it, and for me this is a achievement as my other Epiphone les paul was dropped on a drumstick and it chipped the side. The guitar keeps getting banged and knocked but there is no visable damage. The strap button seems solid but there is only one. I originally thought this was missing but now I dont know what to think. do acoustics usually come with 2 strap buttons. I have and will use it for live gig playing, its just a steady little guitar that also stays in tune well. // 9

Overall Impression: I play blues and pop/rock and it is perfect. The songs I usually play are by Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley, etc. I have been playing for nearly 2 years and I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, a Squier Showmaster and a Collins C20 Classical. The classical is stuck in the attic and will never get played as long as I have this. If it were lost I would buy one of the Hugely Expensive Cole Clark models but until then, this will do nicely. The best thing about this guitar is the tone and the worst is the default action, but this isnt really bad. its hard to find many faults when you compare it as price/quality. I looked at The Aria AW35 and the Ibanez AW15 LG but this one was the better guitar out of the bunch. // 10

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013