CS640CEB Review

review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CS640CEB Reviewed by: kotsos_007, on december 08, 2010

Price paid: € 330

Purchased from: www.guitars.gr

Features: Well, I was looking for an Acoustic guitar about 300-400, and I was between some Ibanez and this guitar... Following reviews and the sound and also the features, I finally took this one... Is only in black colour, tha same but in nature colour is the CS500CE... Is designed in the USA and made in China. The features are: Body Body shape: Stage Top material: Solid Sitka Spruce Back material: Mahogany Side material: Mahogany Soundboard bracing: Scalloped-X Neck Material: Mahogany Fingerboard: Solid Rosewood Trussrod: 2-way adjustable Appointments Binding: White plastic Rosette: Maple and Mahogany Tuners: Gold Logo: Pearl Bridge: Walden Rosewood Bridge Finish Black High Gloss Cutaway: Venetian EQ: Fishman Aero+ or classic 4... (i have a Fishman aero+) Well I choose this one because of the build, solid spruce top and Fishman aero+ (Ibanez jsa5 has a Fishman aero in about 470). Aero called presys too... I has slim body, and a very warm and beautifull sound wihtout amp... Also the Fishman aero+/presys+ I has on-tuner... Non lock tuners and a gigbag included... For the budget is just perfect... :-) // 9

Sound: The sound without amp, is warm and loud (non as dread but loud enough...). So you can use it stand-alone... In amp, the guitar has a very good performance, you can (using the preamp), control the bass-middle-treble, also the volume and phase, brilliance and notch... So you can understand tha the Fishman aero+/presys+ is just perfect for the value, think that you can find Fishman presys+ in guitars like Taylor and Martin (but in an other value...!!!) The control allow you to use the guitar line in just in the console, without amp... You can make it exactly how you want it... It's an all around guitar with full of harmonics and easy playing... (my guitar's set up, is fo 10 d'addarios and low-easy playing...) The only thing that bother me is that is too dry the fretboard (rosewood) for quick playin'... I think that maybe need to be used sometimes to slide my fingers on it... // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came to me as I want it... The preamp is just fine... Ready for action... The only problem in this is that seems to me little bit of cheap construction, but I know that it is not a cheap build, but I can say very strong and solid... Maybe my problem is the plastic binding which seems to me cheap... // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is made for live... I am playing a lot of years in lives... And I use it many hours in practice playing... It's a solid construction with very good electronics... The only thing that I hate is that the right strap, is strap-jack... I prefer a different entrance for the jack... I use it and I am very glad because it is a very good choice for my job... :-) // 9

Overall Impression: If I was again in the position to buy again a guitar, I would choose the same again, maybe a model after it... Because of the look :-P Well guys, the only thing you have to do is just to try it, with and without an amp to understand what I am saying... Is an unknown brand yet the Walden and it gives you, your money x10 back... With solid construction, the best electronics for the budget and an opportunity to get out there and play... So enjoy this beautifull guitar... Sorry for my Engish, if you have any questions I am here to aswer... :-) I hope you enjoy the review... So keep playing guys... :-) // 10

More Walden reviews rating category latest review
+ D670 9.3 Acoustic Guitars 12/18/2013