D670 Review

9.6
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
D670 Reviewed by: DeadlySniperPie, on december 18, 2013

Purchased from: Kenny's Music Glasgow

Features: - Solid red cedar top - Mahogany back and side - Mahogany neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Rosewood bridge - Satin finish - Has some solid-looking brass tuners (no idea what brand though) Made in China. Was looking to to get my first acoustic after owning an electric guitar for a few years, ended up getting the D670 after trying out a few at a shop. Never heard of the brand before, but I liked how it felt in my hands and how it sounded. It looks plain, but in a good way. Comes with a decent gig back too. // 10

Sound: Stands up quite well when compared to other guitars I've tried (including a very nice Yamaha three times the price); probably the best sounding guitar I've come across in its price range (granted, I did get it at half price so maybe that's not quite correct to say, but a few months on it's still on sale for the same price). Other guitars that cost about the same sounded just a bit dead and muddy compared to this one. The mid-range sounds clear, and harmonics come through really well. Very good sustain as well. I would guess having a solid top on the guitar helps. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action and intonation was okay but not ideal initially, however the shop adjusted it all for free when I bought the guitar and now it's great. Apart from that, everything else seems just fine - nothing's misaligned, the finish is good, no problems with frets. Good tuners as well, the guitar stays in tune for ages! The pearl inlay around the soundhole and logo are a nice, subtle touch. The mahogany on the back, sides, and especially the neck looks very good, by the way. Can't find anything worth complaining about. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Overall, the guitar seems quite solid and well put together. My only concern is the fact that the satin finish can get marks on it somewhat easily, but should be fine if you're careful with it. Apparently the cedar top might be a bit more prone to dents and such than spruce, but that hasn't happened to mine yet. Can't say for sure about playing a gig with it as I've never played a gig to begin with, but if I ever did then I'm quite sure this guitar would survive, and sound good whilst doing so. // 9

Overall Impression: Haven't been playing acoustic for very long, but really enjoying playing on this guitar; I would say the fact that it feels and sounds great definitely makes me not want to put it down. For the price that I got it at it's amazing and much better than similarly-priced alternatives that I've tried. If it was stolen or destroyed in a fire or something I'd definitely get another one to replace it. I'd totally recommend this to anyone who is looking to get an acoustic guitar to start out with, and perhaps to anyone who wants to upgrade from a crappy guitar to something decent without spending too much money. // 10

More Walden reviews rating category latest review
+ G740CE 3.9 Acoustic Guitars 05/17/2013