D740 Review

manufacturer: Walden date: 01/25/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Walden: D740
Solid sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back. Natura 700 series includes hardshell case. Only solid spruce soundboards are used on a Natura guitar because the tone of a solid spruce top improves as the the natural wood fibers resonate and respond to your musical style. Natural lacquer cures and ages. It can be applied lighter and thinner which means less weight on the top ? less weight means more tone.
 9.6
 9.1
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
D740 Reviewed by: chrisarrow, on january 25, 2006

Features: I am unsure on what year it was made as it was one that had been on display in store. It was designed in the US and made in Korea. Features 20 frets, rosewood fingerboard, Die-Cast gold tuners, two way truss-rod, A cool looking pickguard, Peg Down bridge. And mine has a nice natural finish to it. It is made out of the following: - Solid sitka spruce top - Solid African mahogany back - African mahogany side - Solid Indian rosewood bridge - African mahogany neck. // 10

Sound: The sound on this guitar is stunning for it's price range. I looked at over guitars round the same price but this seemed by far the best. It has a nice rich/full sound. Stunning hi's on the treble strings. And stunning low's on the Bass strings. So the sound is alround great! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is setup great from factory. And I don't want to mess it up changing anything even though there is nothing that I woudl change. The finish on it is great. It's not had a super thick glossy coat on. So it is possible to acutally look at it without reflection. Thinner is better. The satin finish is smoother than a glossy thinish thus allowing greater speed while playing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar withstand playing? Damm yeah! Wow, I wish I had a chance to play live. Some people may find that the problem with this guitar is that there is only one strap button. Doesn't bother me I play acoustic sitting down most the time. This guitar would definatley not need a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I am playing anything from Eric Clapton to Red Hot chili peppers. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? Yes, if there was a brand new one in their wharehouse that I could have lol, But then again I guess with the one that has been on display it is already been tested out and tuned. If it was lost or stolen I would buy the same one. Mainly cause anything better would cost too much and this guitar is probably better than alot of expensive ones. Nothing I hate about it. I love the look and the sound it produces. Also the quality of the rosewood fingerboard is superb. I compared it to a few fenders, and A&L's. But this one had a nicer sound plus looked better. // 10

More Walden reviews rating category latest review
+ D670 9.3 Acoustic Guitars 12/18/2013