D100M Review

9.2
 8.3
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
D100M Reviewed by: RHCPman202, on may 03, 2008

Features: This guitar is either made in China or Indonesia. The models made in Indonesia have a little more quality such as Grover tuning machines. This guitar is your standard dreadnought mahogany acoustic. It is quite amazing though. it has 16/20 frets depending on the model. Solid top, rosewood fretboard. and the finish is a beautiful transparent red. // 9

Sound: This guitar is probably my favorite acoustic. I think Washburn made a mistake for selling them at this price! It has a warm, deep, loud and full tone. I've compared it to $2000+ Martins, Taylors and Gibsons, and they just don't seem to have the full and rich tone as this guitar does. It's too bad they don't make them anymore. So keep your eyes open, if you see one for sale, buy it! I'm sure these will be very valuable in a few years. Especially when they mellow in, they already sound incredible, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like in a few years! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was great when I got this guitar, the action was perfect. And the finish had no scratch or dent or anything on it. Just perfect. The frets weren't worn at all, the wood was great, tuning pegs were astounding (grovers) nut and saddle are ok, not bone or anything but I replaced them, everything was amazing and tasty. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I will most definately play this live, the only thing is that I would have to buy a pickup for it but that's no big deal. The strap button is ok, the only thing is that it's plastic but other than that it's pretty solid. I would totally bring this with out a backup guitar. The finish is very high quality and will last for a long long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I usually play hard stuff, fast punk, slow acoustic, pretty much anything. I've been playing for a while, like 3 or 4 years. If I somehow lost this thing, I would cry for 5 hours straight and only hope to God that I could even find another one, these things are hard to get a hold of. I love everything about this guitar, the shape, the finish, the sound, just everything. The only guitar that I would say is only a little close to this is a Takamine from the G series, I'm telling you, this guitar is so good. I can't believe the price I paid for it. I hope I can keep it and pass it on to my children. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014