D10SCEDL Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 01/19/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Washburn: D10SCEDL
With increased playability from its deep cutaway and with the addition of WT-82 tuner/preamp system, we created a truly professional guitar at an affordable price. This deluxe version of our best selling D10SCE adds an abalone inlayed rosette, gold hardware and features rosewood back and sides.
 8.4
 9.4
 7.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
D10SCEDL Reviewed by: s-dub, on january 19, 2007

Features: This is the deluxe version of the popular Washburn D10. The differences are that this guitar has rosewood back and sides, gold plated tuners and real wood binding. This cut away guitar has a solid spruce top, 20 fret rosewood fingerboard, and mahogany neck with a truss rod. It has a WT-92 preamp with volume, bass, treble, middle, and prensence controls along with a built in tuner. I like the feature of the built in tuner, but I like thw way that Takamine did it because it shows the note instead of the string number. Mine has a gloss finish on it. // 9

Sound: I really love the bright sound of this guitar. This is the main reason that I chose this guitar instead of a Takamine that cost more. Plugged in it still sounds great, but on some amps it sounds a little electric than I want it to but it is not too bad. However, it still sounds great. It really fits all the different styles of music that I play; worship, alternative, country. It has a sound worthy of a guitar that costs a couple hundred more. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action of the guitar is superb. I really enjoy playing it. The overall finish of the guitar I extremely good, as there are no rough edges, unfinished surfaces, or loose pieces. Everything on the guitar is just how it should be and everything fits together properly. However, I would change the factory strings on it when I got it to elixirs or something comprable for even better sound and feel, but that's just my prefernce. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have owned this guitar for 7 months now and have experienced no problems or seen any problem areas. The pre-amp and hardware seems durable along with everything else. The guitar itself sems to be built very solid and the finish does not seem to wear off. It is very dependable and I could definintely play a gig without a backup, but would not choose to do so because you should always have a backup. Also the rosewood used in the back and sides should age extremely well. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar fits the different styles of music that I play and sounds great as well. I really feel that it is one of the best guitars that you can buy for the money and is just a nicer version of the popular D10. I would definitely buy another one just like it if it were stolen. I really like the real wood binding on it because it adds a lot to the look of the guitar. I am really glad that I chose this guitar and that I saved some money in the process which can go towards my future Taylor. // 9

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WI66PRO 8.6 Electric Guitars 04/28/2014