D42S Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 09/30/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Washburn: D42S
A faithful friend whether on the range, round the campfire, or serenading your true love. Only the finest premium, solid woods are patiently aged and hand selected for this duty.
 8.7
 9.6
 7.8
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
D42S Reviewed by: sn0wdude66, on september 30, 2008

Features: This is a great guitar. I'm not quite sure how old it is since I got it from my cousin, but I'm guessing this guitar was made around 2004 and is made in China. It's got the traditional Dreadnought shape with great Grover tuners. The tuners are really reliable and have kept my strings in tune for over a month sometimes. It mahogany wood along with a mahogony bridge. Also, it's got a lamenated finish. The neck is pretty good, although I'm not sure what wood it is. The only problem with it is the holes for the bridge pins. They are too small and when you try to put bridge pins in it you have to put extra force to get them in. I actually had to take it to a store to get surgery on because half a bridge pin got dilodged in the hole. But, besides that it's really beautiful and extremely nice. // 9

Sound: The sound is absolutely beautiful. I play a bunch of different styles of music and I find it fits everything perfectly. You can get it pretty loud I've found if you strum hard enough. When you add a capo it's just mind blowing how great the sound is. As and added bonus I recommend putting light acoustic strings on it, it makes it sound all the more better. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup perfectly except for the bridge pin holes. I have no complaints besides the bridge pins. If I'm playing at my school or at my church I usually go without any amplification because it can get so loud. I find it's very reliable when playing for a crowd. I think the bridge might be a little crooked, or course I might be mistaken. It just performs great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The only new hardware I've had to get for this guitar are new bridge pins and strings, but besides that for the last 4 years I've had it it lasts beautifully. I never need a backup for it when playing Live, it's very dependable. This guitar has gone through much abuse and still looks brand new, so I think this guitar will probably be good for the next decade or so. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall impression is great. As soon as you see this guitar you will drop dead because it's so beautiful. It sounds amazing. it's very versatile and I can play pretty much any type of music on this guitar succesfully. I've been playing this guitar for about 4 years now and it sounds just as good as when I first got it. If it was stolen or lost most likely I would get a different guitar, just because I'm dying to try out a Gibson Hummingbird (not like I have the cash). The only thing I wish this guitar had was better bridge pin holes as I explained before. Overall this is an amazing guitar and a worth wile investment. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014