G20 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 12/15/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Washburn: G20
Perfect for beginners and schools looking to make a long lasting investment in their music programs or experienced players looking for another acoustic that they can have confidence in.
 8.3
 9.8
 6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
G20 Reviewed by: ~ICE LEADER~, on december 15, 2007

Features: This guitar was made in either 2006 or 2007, I am not entirely sure. It was made in China, but please don't shoot it down before you even try it. It has 20 frets, and I guess they are normal sized, since they are about the same as most of the acoustics in the Sam Ash Acoustic Room. The guitar does not specify the wood it was made from, but it is extremely good. It has a string-thru bridge, and non-locking tuners. The only problem I found here is that the D and the G tuning pegs where a bit rusty, but not realy a problem that should be noted, though I felt obligated to inform you of it anyway. // 10

Sound: This is the reason I bought this guitar. It has the best sound I've ever heard in any guitar, period. It came equipped with some high quality Mojo strings, and they are just so easy to press on. This guitar has absolutely NO fret buzzing, and can be easily played all the way to the 20th fret. It is just a plain but beautiful guitar. I play a lot of different music, but this guiar can do everything from Enter Sandman by Metallica, to a bunch of Modest Mouse covers (Modest Mouse is awesome, you should check them out. Just for the record, they are an underground Indie band. Or at least they used to be underground. Damn the song Float On to Hell). Yeah I didn't believe this guitar was that good, but I was so very wrong. For the extremely cheap price of 200 bucks (American dollars here buddies), it is so versatile. Definitely should be checked out. I think it's as good as any Martin. Maybe better. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Very very good. Despite the problem I mentioned earlier about the two rusty tuners, it has no problems. I have bumped it many times against my bed (live in a small apartment, and my room is filled with a strange phenomena of random objects that jut out at every ungodly angle you can imagine), and it hasn't even scratched. I love my baby. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Its very reliable and would definitely withstand live playing. I can depend on her with all my heart. This guitar will be with me for a long time. And as far as playing without a back up, I guess I'd have to because I can't afford another guitar lol. The reliability and durability of this guitar is just peachy. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said, it's so versatile for such a cheap guitar. It can play just about any acoustic song by Modest Mouse (specially Third Planet). Now I know that there may some people Who doubt this company (Washburn), but please don't doubt this guitar. Trust me, just try it. You will love it. I recommend this guitar to any beggining/intermediate guitarist. Maybe you advanced Folk wont be interested. Your loss. The only bad thing about her is that my girlfriend gets very very jealous. I will die if I ever lose her, and she is a guitar that my children will probably inherit for me. Does anyone know the brand/company guitar that Isaac Brock plays? If you do please post a comment I'd really really appreciate it. Happy musings. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014