LG1PAK Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 10/27/2010 category: Acoustic Guitars
Washburn: LG1PAK
Full-size, steel-string guitar with electric tuner, strap and more.
 9.1
 9.4
 8.8
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
LG1PAK Reviewed by: I am punk "BF", on december 03, 2007

Features: It is an awsome guitar. It comes with a nice padded gig bag, picks, strings, a tuner, a nice strap, and a DVD. The dvd wasn't really helpful because I already knew all of the stuff, but it may help a beginner. It was made in America because Washburn has been making guitars since 1883, in Chicago. It is a standard size with 21 frets. The headstock is really nice. It has a lion in between the tuners. The wood is so so so nice. It was very bright and the back is so clean you can see your reflection amazingly. The bridge is nice and durable. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds pretty great. I was very surprised when I got it. I took it out, tuned it, and it sounded great. It is pretty loud for an acoustic. The guitar has some buzzing, but not to much. The sound is very rich, and nice. The sound carrys on nicely. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine came with no flaws that I could think of. It was manufactured really well at the factory, the strings it came with have never broke on heavy playing. The strings were routed very well, and the tuners are Die-Cast chrome. I don't know what that is but it sounds nice. The only problem I had with the whole entire guitar pack was just that the pickguard had a minor dent in it, but it was not very noticeable considering the pickguard is dark brown. Other than that it was made great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would totally stand live playing. I would bring it to a gig without a backup. The hardware will last. It only came with one strap button, so that was weird but it is in solid. The finish will not wear off and it looks great. The only thing you may want a back-up of is the tuner. It works great for playing and using, but if you are about to perform in front of lots of people you may want a backup backstage. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I love this guitar. It is amazing, and better than I thought. It is selling for great prices, I think. I have a couple other acousticcs and this one is my favorite. I have been playing for months and this guitar is good. If it was lost I would totally buy it again. I would not let it get stolen though, I like it. // 10

LG1PAK Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 27, 2010

Purchased from: Monster Pawn

Features: I'm not sure what year, but Washburn has been making guitars in Chicago since 1883. It is standard size, 21 frets, maple body, rosewood neck. It is a solid guitar. The finish is transparent and very glossy and nice. The head stock is excellent with a majestic, silver lion between the tuners. The top says Lyon by Washburn in shiny silver, too. The body style is dreadnought. And the sound is nice, rich, and warm, and has that good twang sound. It is the best guitar I've ever owned. It is just such an excellent guitar. // 10

Sound: The sound is great for any style. And usually never buzzes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set up is nice. Wood is strong, great durable bridge and head stock. Action is nice and easy. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It would definitely withstand live playing without a backup. Hardware is very strong and durable. Finish is nice, thick and withstands alot. The one bottom strap button is durable. // 9

Overall Impression: I play like every style and it suits them all perfectly. I've been playing for about a year, and I would change nothing about this guitar. If it was stolen, I would most definitely hunt down another one. I compared this to higher brands such as Martin and really, if you own a Martin you wasted your money. There really is no difference. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ XM-STD2 8.3 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014