F335 Review

8.7
 8.8
reviews (3) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
F335 Reviewed by: patbuck2, on february 21, 2011

Features: Not sure about the specific year. I got it new in March 2008, so it was made around then. It was made in Indonesia. It has 20 frets, but you can only reach up to the 14th comfortably. It has a laminated top. Rosewood bridge and fingerboard. Finish is Tobacco Brown Sunburst. Dreadnought body style. Totally acoustic, no electronics. Tuners are golden colored. I got a pack of picks and a tuner for free with it. // 8

Sound: I can't complain about it's sound at all. Granted I got it for pretty cheap, it sounds pretty decent for my first guitar and for the price. Yamaha makes some sturdy instruments that sound just fine. Not flashy and amazing, but not cheap crap either. I think it sounds great. I love how it sounds with new strings on it. I usually play with a pick, but occasionally I fingerpick if needed. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up fine. I've never had any problems with it. I've broken a few strings here and there, but that was because they were old and due for a change anyway. It's never broke or anything. It came just fine with no technical flaws. Any dents or marks on it are my fault from poor care when I first got it as a mere 14-year-old. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything about this guitar is solid. I've been playing it for 3 years. It is the first guitar I ever got and the guitar I learned to play on. Nothing about it has broke and I've never had any problems with it. It's reliable in every way. It will withstand any playing I've done: outside sitting the grass, busking down town, and just playing in my bedroom. The finish has stayed. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and almost any sub-genre that is a part of it. Some of my favorite bands to listen and play along with on Acoustic guitar are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Mumford and Sons, The Nightwatchman, Woody Guthrie, and Robert Johnson. When I play acoustic, I like to just sit back, relax, and play in solitude or maybe with another person singing along. This guitar is great for that sort of thing. I've been playing for 3 years. If I ever lost this, I would probably look for a different guitar, but I would definitely compare that new one to this one. I like that it has never failed me. It may not be super fancy, but I like it. // 9

F335 Reviewed by: froggyman, on january 20, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia at an unknown time. Top is laminated spruce sides and back are made from meranti. Standard 20 fret neck made of rosewood. Mine is a classic dreadnought with a tobacco sunburst finish and a faux tortoise shell pickguard. Tuners and hard ware are gold, not sure of the brand. // 8

Sound: I'm a pretty novice guitarist but this guitar suits the folk (fleet foxes, city and colour, etc) that I play. The sound is nice and rich but not the brightest. This guitar has a nice mellow tone that I appreciate. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was set-up extremely well, the action was low and the neck was perfectly set up. The sunburst finish looks amazing. There were a few minor flaws on my guitar though, the neck is missing a dot on the third fret and the body cavity had some plaster on part of the wood. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The finish and hardware both seem rock solid and should last a while without degrading too much. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar suits my style perfectly, and you can't beat the price. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another. // 9

F335 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 23, 2012

Features: A basic beginner's acoustic guitar with the basics. Made in Indonesia with 20 frets in all. It is an all laminated guitar with laminated spruce top and meranti bak and sides. The finish is quality, but sadly it comes with no electronics. It is a basic dreadnought with gold non locking tuners; I bought mine and the sales associate threw in a free gig bag and a few picks with a strap. // 9

Sound: I play everything and apparently, so does this guitar. You can play play Jack Johnson and easily switch to some Metallica. It is noisy, but obviously doesn't compare to the more expensive guitars. The sound is rather tinny and has very noticeable highs and sometimes the lows are lacking. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Right out of the box, the guitar was set up to perfection. I don't know if that was Guitar Center or Yamaha Corp., but it was perfect. Barre chords were easy and so were open chords. The bridge and saddle were plastic, but I quickly replaced that with bone and the sustain greatly increased. The top was expertly book matched and the finish was flawless. I highly suggest replacing the tuners as the stock ones tend to become loose and detune the guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use this guitar for live as there are no electronics and the highs of the sound could affect a live performance. The hardware looks like it would last, but after a heavy song I suggest tuning it again as the tuners aren't very reliable. It comes stock with one strap button at the bottom and it is made of plastic. I suggest also installing another strap button at the base of the neck. This would be a good learner guitar but not a good gigging guitar as installing a pickup might cost more than the overall guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play anything, but mostly Jack Johnson and Eric Clapton and it fits them perfect except for the fact that the treble is very high. I've been playing since 1996 and I bought this guitar in 2007 as a backup guitar for learning songs that I wouldn't mind banging against it. If it were to be lost or stolen I would buy another one right away as for only $150 it is a steal for the quality it possesses. Yamaha is known for its high quality beginner guitars that are reasonably priced. Once again, this is a laminated top, but for an extra $50, you could buy a Yamaha FG700S and that has a solid top. Either way, this guitar is an amazing steal for the money. // 10

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ TRBX504 9.3 Bass Guitars 08/15/2014