FD02 Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 02/20/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Yamaha: FD02
Standing behind the FD02 is the long standing tradition of excellence found in every Yamaha guitar.
 8.6
 9.6
 7.5
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
FD02 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 20, 2006

Features: Standing behind the FD02 is the long standing Tradition of excellence found in every Yamaha guitar. - Top: spruce - Back and sides: mahogany - Neck: mahogany - Fretboard: rosewood - Bridge: sonokeling - Frets: 20 - Hardware: closed gold - Finishes: natural gloss. // 10

Sound: I really play tabs from this website, and rock and roll. It suits me just fine, this being my first guitar. The guitar has a warm melow sound, no doubt affected by the Folk strings included. I am thinking of changing them to Martin silk and steel's, on recommendation of a more experianced player. For a guitar worth probably less or at $100, it is the shiznight. Plays like a guitar should, you can get it to sound a lot of different ways. A ten because of its value once again, sounds much more expensive. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything is perfect about the guitar. Killer looks, no frills features, it has everything. There are no defects except for one, it only has one strap peg, and it came with a strap, which leads you to believe it would have two. And it is impossible to use the strap by putting it over the top. Everything is perfect, it feels incredibly solid. I mean, this thing came from costco of all places, and it feels 8times better than anything within $300 dollars of it, including squiers, ect. I will say this, the last 8 frets are very hard to acess and play because of the neck's starting point. A nine because of the frets mainly, and the strap problem. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last forever. I have banged it (not in the hubba hubba sense) on the concrete, on doors, and on dorr frames, and this thing I bullet proof. Not one scratch! The strap button is very solid. The finish is immaculate, durable, and practically scratch proof. And my friend, who has been playin guiatr alll his life has a 1972 FD02, and it sounds awesome! It sounds like a handcrafted guitar made by a Skitsophrenic with perfect hearing and with nothing else to do than make guitars. Proof that good things get better with age. Perfect ten baby. // 10

Overall Impression: Excellent match at my skill level, or any really. I have been playing for a year, and my guitar teacher Admire the quality of the guitar. I don't own any other guitars. Nothing I would (or could've) asked, 'cause hey, it's Costco. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Love nearly everything about it. Except for the last couple frets, strap peg, and stock strings. I will probably replace the strings with matin silk and steels, and my friend also recommended that I take the bridge off the guitar. Cannot compare this guiat to anything near its price, kicks the crap out of the competition harder than a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face. // 10

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ RBX270L 8.6 Bass Guitars 04/09/2014