FG413S Review

6.4
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
FG413S Reviewed by: conor1423, on july 03, 2012

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: This guitar is to my knowledge mid 90's and made in Taiwan. It has 20 medium jumbo frets in a sand burst finish. The stock tuners are EXCELLENT and have never gone out of tune within 2 weeks on tuning. Beautiful finish on it and will be with me forever. // 10

Sound: With this guitar, I play a lot of simple chords and complex finger picking. For both of these, it is incredible! I even met Tommy Emmanuel a while ago who played it and he too was blown away by it's sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Never been set up, and I'm not too handy with acoustics. But the action has stayed low throughout the years now and as I said before, has a beautiful finish to it. There's 0 fret buzz, and the finish is still holding strong with LOTS of abuse. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could easily be played on the road for years with out a worry. The most damage it has ever been through was a broken string. The finish does feel thin but to me that's a plus. There's no paint dulling the tone, and as I said, the finish has held strong, so far no paint chips. // 10

Overall Impression: The neck has stayed straight and in my opinion one of the best acoustics period. And for the money, nothing is better. I have compared this to numerous other acoustics of $3000 + and 9 times out of 10, this guitar outplayed them all. My friends have put down their Martins, Taylors, and Ginsons... etc, to play this and they all loved it. I don't know if I just got lucky on this one, but if it were to be stolen, I would be a wreck. // 10

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ THR10X 9.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/08/2014