Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 04/30/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Yamaha: Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack
The Gigmaker standard is a great package that includes all the accessories needed to start playing immediately. This package includes an F325 acoustic guitar, gig bag, digital tuner, DVD guitar lessons, strap, strings, and picks.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 Features: 8.3
 8.3
 8.5
 8.1
reviews (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack Reviewed by: Mattheww044, on november 25, 2005

Features: Well I'm pretty new at guitar so I don't really know alot about them, but I can help people out who are looking into buying it. It came with the guitar, gig bag, strap, picks, DVD, tuner, and extra strings. If you are beginning, this should be all you need. The gig bag is crappy but ihad anohte rhard case. I don't really use the strap, but it's held pretty well when I do use it, if you use one alot I would suggest getting a new one tho. Picks are just fine shouldn't need anymore. DVD I kinda found useless, but if you are brand new, you could learn some stuff from it. The tuner is pretty good, there are definately better ones around but it works just fine. The strings have never broken or anything like that so I'm guessing the extras are jsut as good as the originals. The main thing I don't like, is there is no dot (inlay I think they are called) on the 3rd fret, nothing major but it would make things easier. Also, there is no strap button on the far side of the guitar, you ahve to wrap a string (provided) around the head and use that, but it still works fine for me. // 9

Sound: I got this guitar to learn and practice on instead of buying an expensive electric then ending up not liking it. Well anyways, I like to play rock, and for the rock solos, intros etc, this works just fine. My uncle has been playing for about 16 years, and he has a 300$ acoustic, and says that this Yamaha sounds way better than his, he said this is one of the best acostics he has played. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: There was nothing wrong with this when I got it and as far as I know its still in good condition. Could be a bit better quality in the tuning pegs though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would say that this guitar would last pretty long, there are no wear marks or anything on it so far and iv eprobably had it for half a year or sumwhere around there. But I would get the insurance plan for it, I get it for everything I buy. // 9

Overall Impression: I would give htis guitar a 9, jsut because it is an all around good guitar, especially for the price. // 9

Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack Reviewed by: fade2black2004, on november 28, 2005

Purchased from: music city

Features: I think this was made in 2003 but I'm not sure. The package includes: - F325 acoustic w/Die-Cast chrome tuners and spruce top - Gig bag - Digital tuner - Strap - Extra strings - Picks - Instructional DVD It's a pretty standard guitar 21 frets, solid top. The action was ok to begin with but I suggest lowering it yourself or taking it to a shop to get lowered. The tuners are decent but could be alot better it stays in tune while your playing but if you put it in a gig bag or something and carry it around and it will go out of tune fairly easy. // 7

Sound: I play alt and modern rock songs on it and it sounds good, out of the three non electric guitars I've played this is the best of them. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up fine but like I said your probably going to want to lowering the action, there was no flaws when I got it. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have beat the hell out of this guitar and it is still just the way I got it with the exception from a few scratches that are hardly noticable. The strap button is very reliable you won't have to worry about that. If your going to gig with this I suggest also bringing a backup guitar just in case. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall impression is that it is good for beginner and intermediate players on a budget. It is great for a veriety og genres. I have been playing for 2 years now and this guitar suits me very well. If it were stolen I would probably save up to get a better one. I love the price and the extras it comes with but I don't like the tuners on it. I wish it had locking tuners or soemthing. // 7

Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack Reviewed by: Metal Man Kam, on april 30, 2008

Features: Not sure where or when it was made, but I'd imagine it's pretty recent like within the last year or so. The F325 guitar has a spruce top, meranti back and sides, nato neck, and a rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets. Includes guitar, gig bag, digital chromatic tuner, DVD with lessons, strap, picks, and strings. Killer deal for $150 and I thought the guitar would be horrible. // 9

Sound: I was wrong. This guitar sounds awesome. I was gonna get an Epiphone with a cutaway but the guy said he really recommended this one and he said it sounded better, so I took his word. This guitar sounds great for $150. I didn't have to adjust anything except for tuning, which is to be expected with any new guitar. It's great to be able to just open the box and play it and have it sound great. I haven't had to replace the strings yet, but I should have done it anyways but I'll wait until they get too dirty or break. I play mostly metal, but every metal head has a soft side too, which you see when they play acoustic. I'm very happy with this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar looks great. Right out of the box the only thing that needed adjustment was the tuning. I haven't noticed any flaws at all I'm really glad I got it. I'll probably keep this guitar for quite a while. I don't need more than one acoustic, and I'm glad this is the one I got. You should definitely check out this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is very very lightweight, as is any acoustic, but this one is lighter than any other full size acoustic I've played, so sometimes I'm worried I'll break it, but for $20 you can get a warranty so if it breaks you send it back and they pay shipping and they send you another Brand New guitar. I didn't get it, but I'm not too worried about it I know how to handle guitars. I think it'll last for a while and I probably wouldn't use a backup. The finish will stay just fine. // 8

Overall Impression: I was expecting a piece of crap sounding guitar since it came with so much stuff for $150 but I was wrong. This guitar sounds great and I think it can handle any style you throw at it very well. I would probably buy another one if it was lost or stolen because I'm low on cash, and you can't beat the sound for that price and get the accessories too. // 10

Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 03, 2006

Features: I don't know what year it was made but it was purchased in 2006 brand new. It is made in Indonesia like Yamaha's other lower end guitars, but that is a non-issue considering the high quality of this instrument. Jumbo frets, rosewood fret-board, 21 frets and the back and sides are made of Meranti (Meranti can refer to a viriety of sub-species however) which is similar to mahogany with bigger poors. // 8

Sound: Well I have only been playing a few months. I play mellow and strummy, but that's because I haven't sharpened my picking yet. I would say the sound is a very good all aroung sound. Bass and treble are well balanced and clear as can be. Good punchy sounds for hard stumming. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I have not had the action lowerd on this guitar, but I may do that in the near future. Believe me, it's still very playable right from the store. Also, its a very sharp looking guitar with a nice shiny looking finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Well, I haven't had it very long, but I have knocked it around a bit and it shows little signs of wear. I will say that the finish comes off the finger board easily as I have chipped it with a hard downward strum (not the fret board). Other than that it has held up very well to the mild abuse I have put it through. I gave it an 8 here because its hard to excuse chips in the finish after only 4 months of play, but even with those tiny chips, it's beautiful. // 8

Overall Impression: I own this guitar, a case and a stand, give me a break I've been play 4 months. I will play anything catchy and singable. Puddle Of MudD to Jack Johnson, Chili Peppers, it all sounds great on this guitar. If I was going to improve it I would say make it louder, but that's my only gripe. If you can find and F310 buy that over this, this should be your next choice. The F310's solid top is superior, but I think Yamaha has realized that guitar is too good to sell near the price of this one. I give it a full recomendation for beggning players. I would recommend it for intermediates too, but I would feel right as I am a beginner myself. // 9

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ THR10X 9.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/08/2014