ZAD50CE Review

manufacturer: Zager date: 05/16/2013 category: Acoustic Guitars
Zager: ZAD50CE
I especially like the fresh aroma of the new wood inside the sound hole. An added bonus is the tuner installed on the body.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.7
 9.7
 9.9
 9.5
reviews (8) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
ZAD50CE Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 02, 2010

Purchased from: Lincoln

Features: I especially like the fresh aroma of the new wood inside the sound hole. An added bonus is the tuner installed on the body; I used it right away and have never tuned a guitar with such speed. For the same money I could have bought any of the bigger name brands, like Martin, Johnson, Gibson and others. Indeed I did try all those brands of guitars, just a month or so ago. I made the right choice by buying a Zager. // 10

Sound: My Zager suits itself well to my music style. I especially like finger picking. I have not tried the electric part of the guitar because I do not have an amp. One quality of my guitar that was noticeable immediately is the full and bright sound, including the sustain that it has. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar felt nice, sounded wonderful and was in magnificent condition right out of the box. I did notice right away that the string were farther apart(stance) and I could fit my fingers on one string at a time rather than the guitars I tried before, which I refer to as the fat finger syndrome. I could not find one thing wrong with it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is one category that I cannot speak of from personal experience as I have just purchased the guitar. I can only state what appears to be and what I believe except for the first item. I have used the guitar on two gigs with no problems, albeit connecting the strap on the neck with leather ties. Can I depend on it? Yes, I believe so. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing the guitar since 1970. If stolen I would but a Zager guitar again. I love that I have finally bought a quality guitar. I think the tuner is a good feature for me. As stated, there were other guitars I tried, Martin, Gibson, Taylor, Alcatraz, Ovation and others. I spent a lot of time at Guitar City trying out guitars. I chose the Zager because they did a good job convincing me their guitars are good. I guess the warranty did come into play too. If the guitar did not measure up, the option to send it back was reassuring. // 10

ZAD50CE Reviewed by: wcw0812, on december 14, 2012

Purchased from: Zager Guitars

Features: This acoustic/electric guitar was made in the USA by Zager Guitars in 2012. It has a beautiful natural finish with professional level Fishman 60 Series eletronics, including a built in tuner. The guitar is a good looking cutaway with a Sitka Spruce Top and Mahogany neck and sides with genuine Grover Tuners. It looks as good as it plays! The cutaway style makes for easier handling while playing in either the siting or standing position. I have some professional musician friends who own very expensive guitars and they were amazed at this guitar. // 10

Sound: The Zager ZAD50CE is perfect for the Classic Rock Balads that I play and will be just as good a match as soon as I master the the ART of finger style. The ease of playability make this guitar erfect for any style. I tried some America and a little acoustic Eagles and was very satisfied with the result. After banging away at some Country I was even more convinced that I made the right decision and purchased the perfect guitar for me. So far I've only played it at home but the sound projection either unplugged or plugged into my Line 6 75W Amp seem like it would work in any size room. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The primary reason for purchasing the Zager was the Zager Easy Play set-up and action. And true to his word this guitar is by far the easiest and most playable acoustic I've owned. I've played Martins, Takamine's and Epiphones and this beats them hands down. The guitar was very playable right out of the box, although I did swap the light strings that the guitar came with for some Martin medium phosphor bronze strings. But that's a preference thing, not an issue with the guitar. The guitar set up was nice and low and needed no adjustment. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar construction and workmanship is solid all the way. Now in reality I don't abuse my guitars but this instrument looks and feels like it will stand the test of time. It feels nice in the hand and looks great. The Pearl fret markers are a nice added touch and the gloss black pick guard looks great against the natural finish. But in the unlikely event that something goes wrong the guitar is backed by the Zager Lifetime warranty. So the Zagers demonstrate the reliability of their products by standing behind their guitars for as long as you own one. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of Classic Rock ballads and Modern Country. The sound for these styles of music is perfect. I am going to attempt some finger style and will be using the Denny Zager online lessons to pick up that skill. That's a great added benefit to purchasing this guitar. You can also purchase at a relative low cost, full access to Mr. Zager's online lesson package. As a relatively new guitar player I wanted something that I could play for hours on end and this is it. I also own a Martin acoustic a Gretsch hollow body and a Gibson Les Paul. Each of those guitars have their own benefits but the Zager compares favorably to the Martin.

// 10

ZAD50CE Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2013

Purchased from: previous owner

Features: This Zager ZAD50CE was made in May of 2008 in Lincoln Nebraska. For only being 5 years old the sound is incredible and that's unplugged. Plug her in and even though mine has the older electronics (Clear Wave 10) I'm not at all disappointed. What I find amazing is how easy it is to play compared to 3 other name brand American made acoustic and, acoustic electrics that I own. As far as the wood it is made from I believe it is a spruce top and has a beautiful Violin Sunburst finish on it. The tuners are Grover which work very well and I never any problems with it staying in tune. I also received the original Zager case which included a humidity monitor in it. Zager has one of the nicest cases available for their guitars. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of different styles of music and to my surprise my Zager can handle all of them. My biggest concern was how would it handle folk rock? Not a problem once I changed the strings on it. I definitely need to buy another one because, I need two different types of strings to achieve the sounds I'm after. When plugged in I run it into my Laney acoustic amp which sounds great with country music but when I switch to more aggressive folk rock music I switch to a Crate acoustic amp with built in effects which I use. I really turn up the bass on my guitar for this style and so far I have not had any problems with noise such as feed back. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I did buy my Zager used and it did not have anything wrong with it. The day I received it I played it for many hours trying to figure out what makes this guitar so much easier to play than my other guitars. A lot of thought by a experienced player is what it took. I don't question it anymore, I just play it all the time. I have had my guitar for a few months now and still with playing every day I cannot find anything wrong with it or anything I would want to change with it. The bridge is perfect and the neck as well. The sound quality is amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I play out a few nights a week.For the last 2 months my Zager is the only acoustic/electric that I play. I do play electric guitar too so, I take my Parker Nitefly as well. I am seriously going to purchase another Zager for back up just in case I break a string while playing but, for now my Nitefly will serve as a back up for me. As I mentioned before I do play different styles of music and since I have had my Zager I have changed strings 3 times in 2 months just to compare the sound. I have found this to be true with any guitar I play. Strings matter as much as a good quality guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar since I was 8 years of age and my Zager is my favorite acoustic/electric that I have owned. Almost 44 years of play time on me! I started with good ole country music and in the past 7 years started playing some folk rock. The only other guitar I would buy to day besides a Zager would be a Rainsong that has been sent to Zager and is now a EZ-PLAY guitar. I would purchase it for my folk rock guitar because of the body style. I love the jumbo size. I had to get use to the size of my Zager compared to the jumbos I have been playing on for years. I own 3 Yamaha compass series guitars a Alvarez and a Martin. Honestly, If Zager ever makes a Jumbo I must have it! There's not a easier playing guitar made. I heard about Zager from a friend of mine that like myself suffers with arthritis. After playing on his when I could barely play on mine, I was sold. // 10

More Zager reviews rating category latest review
+ 4/5 Parlor Size 9.8 Acoustic Guitars 07/14/2014