ZAD80 Review

9.8
 9.5
reviews (6) pictures (4) user comments vote for this gear:
ZAD80 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 03, 2010

Features: -2010 ZAD 80 Acoustic dread guitar -Cedar/Indian Rosewood, Gold Hardware, Grover Tuning Machines, Abalone Inlay Rosette + Full Body Inlay -Purchased with new Zager Hardshell case on sale for $95. -Included many free gifts with the guitar package (tee shirt, picks, strings, help video access etc.) // 10

Sound: I am a fingerstylist like Denny, so this guitar, with its low action is perfect for my personal style. I also mess with my Fender electric sometimes too. I've heard it before, but it really does ring like a piano. The crisp sound is just what I want to hear. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Denny's set up was flawless. My brother in law bought one in '07 which is why I now have one. Both are much easier to play than his old Taylor 800 series, and my Martin D18. When I ordered I thought I might be in for a terrible surprise, but no, this guitar delivers. It surpassed my expectations. The woods are flawless, and the inlay really adds to the aesthetic value. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Grover gold plated tuners are top notch, and everything about this guitar is solid and quality made. The finish is beautiful. I've had it since February, so 7 months now; no problems... They offer a 100% Money Back guarantee and Lifetime Warranty so if anything ever happened I know they stand behind that. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is indeed a better match for me than I ever thought possible. I have been playing for over 15 years now. If something ever happened I would email Dennis for another one, yes. It's my new go-to guitar. My favorite feature is the low action. It's so much more fun to play because of this. Yes, I've compared it to previously mentioned Martin D18 and my brother in law's Taylor 800 series acoustic. The Zager wins in tone, overall sound, and playability hands down. Oh, and price-quality ratio? Zager can't be beat there. They people are a pleasure to work with as well. Great company. // 10

ZAD80 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 26, 2012

Purchased from: Zager Website

Features: Right off their website are the dimensions. WHEW, I'm glad I did not have to type all that out. Here is my personal notes though. Her size is large. She is gorgeous without fault. That being said use the measurements if you are small of stature. She is a big girl. Being a 6' tall amazon as I am this was no big deal to me and if anything for myself it helped with my sitting and standing stance while playing. I do think that smaller people would not have an issue though, my younger siblings love to play her but for their everyday guitars they have smaller more compact sizes. My two cents. Dimensions - 41 x 20 x 11 Dimensions - 41 x 20 x 11 Height: 41 inches Box length: 20 inches Waist: 11 inches Widest bout: 15.5 inches Depth: 4.75 inches Scale length: 25.5 inches // 10

Sound: My music style is more Folk than anything and acoustic is always my preference. The sound of this guitar... Now I have had roommates that are music teachers and band members. Working and living with guitars for years. My closest friend that actually started as my Guitar teacher said when he played her for the first time. "This is the warmest young guitar I have heard in a long time". Now although I am not a professional I do want to say that even I know what he meant by this. When you tune her and then first start to play to then start to HEAR the difference. Her warmth and sustain are gorgeous. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar when I received it was ready to go, actually received the first day of my second year of lessons. I'm not sure again what all of the technical terms are but as she has been with me for several years now and is still as true and tight as she was when I received her... I'm very pleased. All of her seams are perfect, her body to neck are perfect, the inlays are perfect and the finish is gorgeous to this day even with all of my and others playing her. For the action... I work for my Bruce Wayne job as an operations manager. I type a ton, I run around a ton and get almost no brain drain during the day. Immediately when I picked up this guitar I could FEEL the difference. The strings are lower then most guitars. This meant I had to push down quite a bit less than on other guitars. After a long day of typing, writing, fixing machines and then driving... I was not the most apt to want to hammer down the clutch just to get my guitar into gear. She plays like a dream, warm lovely notes with a length to them. The gentle push you have with the setup from Zager is unmatched in their area of sale. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Reading the pre-questions above it almost looks like a checklist of the review I'm posting. Will the guitar withstand live playing? Yes it will and has. When you live around musicians you can almost guarantee that you will at one point live close enough to a gig where something went wrong. This happened with my guitar and she played wonderfully for my friends solo gig that night and again played well for many more shin digs at my house. Along with me beating her up along the way learning and tuning my skills. Her hardware is perfect still even after all these years, strap buttons are solid, durable completely and her finish... Beyond a few scuffs which would buff out easily it is still glorious and gorgeous. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 10 years now, seriously started "working" on my skills about 7 years ago. I prefer Folk or turning something I like into a slower acoustic song. My rhythm is still under review for rapidly placed music. If this guitar was stolen I would buy another without a second thought. One of my friends that came in and picked her up said, "whenever I come over here and pick up this guitar is it like playing an old friend". New or old to playing guitar I believe the Zager guitars are wonderful. I asked a ton of questions from their customer service before purchasing her. They answered everything with a smile and without hesitation. I've played quite a few make, model etc of guitars now. Well especially now that I have been around for awhile since buying her. I would buy her again in a heart beat. I'm looking at buying another guitar from Zager as well this time the AE instead of an acoustic only. // 10

More Zager reviews rating category latest review
+ ZAD80CE 8.5 Others 07/10/2014