B100 Review

manufacturer: Acoustic date: 03/18/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Acoustic: B100
The Acoustic B100 combo is designed for club and live applications where the sound of its 15" bass driver will fill the room with warmth and punch.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 7.8
 7.3
 8.2
reviews (2) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
B100 Reviewed by: fobo11, on march 18, 2009

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sound: I mostly place harder rock in lower tunings like C#, B, A#, and the 15 inch speaker can handle all the lows. The low mids aren't that great when tuned down that low, but I can deal with it. I play a Ibanez Soundgear 300DX with active pickups and I get a great sound. I do not slap so I can not determine how this thing sounds while slapping, but I think it would sound nice. Anyway when the gain is turned up almost all the way there is a slight I mean slight buzz but nothing to worry about at all. Overall it has an amazingly clear sound especially without a tweeter. Overall sound: This amp was $250 and my bass was $280 this sound but sometimes I feel like I am playing a rig that costs about $1000. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Most of the time this thing is sitting in my room because I do not play gigs or anything, so it does not endure too much movement. Therefore I haven't produced and damage to it. I have a feeling that it could get scratched very easily but I'm not sure. If I was going to gig I wouldn't gig anything huge due to the fact it is only 100 Watts. But I think I would play with this in a gig and I wouldn't worry out it failing or anything. // 8

Overall Impression: When I bought this and I had been playing bass for about a year and I had been borrowing a friends Funder Rumble 15. I wanted something powerful without spending too much. I have been playing for just under two years now and this thing is great. You get great low's and suprising good high's. I play my Ibanez Soundgear 300DX with active pick-ups and it is loud. For someone that wants more than just a practice amp I would suggest this thing. // 8

B100 Reviewed by: Omnipahnt, on march 06, 2009

Sound: I use my Fender Squire Precision with it and I play metal generally. It hasn't been a let down on features because I've only wanted something louder. It kranks out loud sound and it's clear. It lacks a lot of versatility. This amp, unfortunately, doesn't have any extra channels so you'll just have to get a pedal to compensate for it. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I'd feel comfortable with only this at a gig, but I'm not one to talk, I haven't played any. So far however this amp hasn't let me down in any way. So I am pretty dependent on this baby. It's never broken down and I haven't had any neglect problems because I've taken good care of it so far. // 7

Overall Impression: I normally play heavy metal, and it was a good fit for what I was looking for, and it works great in combination with pedals to really trim some fat on your sound. I've been playing for a little over 2 years now and I've practiced on several combo amps trying to find the next step for me, including the Fender Rumble100, the LD150, and this was my best decision as far as tit-for-tat It's pretty cheap and a sturdy name brand, and has a resilience to high volumes so it shouldn't go wrong on you for a long time to come. // 7

More Acoustic reviews rating category latest review
+ AG-15 4.4 Guitar Amplifiers 08/20/2013