ABM 500 RC EVO II Head Review

manufacturer: Ashdown date: 01/29/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Ashdown: ABM 500 RC EVO II Head
For those requiring an integrated solution, the ABM 500RC EVO II is a rack-mounting version of the standard ABM 500 EVO II Head, with a stunning, polished chrome panel.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ABM 500 RC EVO II Head Reviewed by: indie-bassist, on january 29, 2008

Sound: I'm using this with my MIA Precision Bass playing in a punky/indie band which this amp suits fantastically. I really have no complaints with the sound and I've got other decent sounds out of it too for stuff like country, jazz, blues and funk, it really is a versatile amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing has no broken down on me yet and I am confident enough to gig without a backup. I've got it in a rack case and so far it seems as if it's bulletproof. I can definitely depend on this amp, I know others Who own them and are as happy as me with theirs and they've had no problems what'soever and some of theirs have been very heavily gigged. // 10

Overall Impression: I have no regrets after buying this amp, I A/B'd it against loads of other bass amps in it's price range and some more expensive ones (e.g. Ampeg and Eden) and this one came out on top in the end because I just loved the sound of the thing. If it was stolen I would definitely buy another one. This amp is damn near perfection, if it had that wet/dry blend on the effects loop and dropped the shape Switch (although you can just ignore it) then it would be spot on. // 10

More Ashdown reviews rating category latest review
+ Electric Blue 12-180 EVO II 9.3 Bass Amplifiers 09/01/2014