Electric Blue 15-150 Review

manufacturer: Ashdown date: 01/15/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Ashdown: Electric Blue 15-150
The Electric Blue 15-150 is a British made, powerful, compact bass amp from one of the world's finest bass amp manufacturers. The 15-150 provides 150 watts of British power, and a heavy duty 15 inch "Blue Line" speaker for plenty of low end.
 Features: 8.5
 8.5
 9.5
 7.4
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Electric Blue 15-150 Reviewed by: HappyClam, on february 10, 2004

Purchased from: Andertons Music

Sound: This amp is perfect for the rocky slighlty bluesy sound that I play at the moment. When I go insane with my playing the amp seems to go insane with me and with the EQ being so good I can produce what sounds I want but with no distortion being built in I have to plug a pedal in but thats no loss realy I prefer using pedals for distortion any way. With the monstrouse 15 inch speaker cone and conections for another 15inch speaker cone I can get great amounts of sound. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've taken this amp to the maximn amount of noise and the warning light comes on but the sound dosnt change in any way and the amp dosnt break. After geting angry with my bass disintagrating in my hands (don't trust Stagg basses!). I've been kicking this amp and giving it tons of neglect but the only thing that will probaly break is my bones because it so solid. I haven't needed it repared and I've had for a while and nothing's even slightly gone wrong and I doubt it will so I can always depend on this amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a sorta Rock style and I think this is a great match. I've been playing bass for around 3 years and have up until now had alsorts of gear but it dosnt survive as long as this amp has. I don't see how I could lose this amp and I don't see how any one could steel it without having a back injurie trying to get away but if it mystersly disappeared I would definitely buy it again. This is the best amp I've seen so thats why I choose it theres nthing I really want that isnt on this amp so I'm not unhappy at all with it. // 10

Electric Blue 15-150 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 15, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Sound: The sound from this thing is unbelievable for the price I payed I've been playing guitar in bands for years so didn't know a huge amount about bass amps but after a lot of research and trying different amps I went for this and haven't looked back cuts through any mix nicely and great range of tones. // 9

Reliability & Durability: When I bought the amp it looked a little worse for wear with a rust patch on the front grill and the carpet covering looking a little tatty but amazingly the bass sounded the same as if it was bought Brand New and after a sanding down and respray of the front grill plus a hoover of the carpet covering and a clean of all dusty areas the bass looks near enough Brand New I love it. Basically: This things a beast which would take some doing to break // 10

Overall Impression: Overall great amp. I play a few different rock styles and does everything I ask of it hasn't ever let me down. If your looking for a really great bass amp at a reasonable price then I would hands up say this is it you wont be unhappy and the things loud easily competes with a loud drummer and guitarist on much more expensive equipment. // 10

More Ashdown reviews rating category latest review
+ Drive Plus 4.2 Bass Effects 09/03/2012