Electric Blue 15-180 Review

manufacturer: Ashdown date: 07/26/2011 category: Bass Amplifiers
Ashdown: Electric Blue 15-180
Get ready to shake the house! The Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 is a premium quality bass amp that boasts 180 continuous watts of power (265 peak), and a heavy duty 15" Ashdown "blue line" speaker. Don't let the size and price fool you, this amp has plenty of low end and power; for rehearsals or small to medium sized gigs!
 9.8
 9.7
 9.9
reviews (2) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Electric Blue 15-180 Reviewed by: Bulletbass man, on november 15, 2005

Sound: Amazing. It has no distortion but I used my digitech bass driver for distorion so that doesn't bother me. I play all styles of hard rock and blues and this amp does great for all of them. It is plenty loud and the only time that the sounds get distorted is when it shakes the room and all the rattling makes you unable to hear it great. It's great sounding and I love the lowness of it. It can also get bright by activating the bright switch. I use this when playing blues. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's greatly dependable. I never am afraid it will break during a gig. Once a light fell and landed on it and the only problem that came from that was a piece of glass was in the handle. // 10

Overall Impression: It's one of the best bass amps I've played. I'm glad that the Ashdown five fifteen I had broke cause I got this in return. If it were stolen or lost I'd get another. It's amazing. I'm hoping to upgrade by getting some cabinets for it and eventually a Gallien Kruegger head to use along with this one. // 10

Electric Blue 15-180 Reviewed by: ToddJames, on july 26, 2011

Purchased from: Online

Sound: The best part of this amp is the sound. As soon as I played through it for the first time I knew it was right for me. Even without touhing the EQ the sound was great. I Play using a Peavey Cirrus 4 string, which has a great natural sound and I wanted something that would compliment it nicely. I sometimes find some makes of amp can add a lot of top end or add unwanted sound to your bass, but not this. This amp can get a good sound for any style I have ever needed. I have also played at loud volumes with both a 4 and 5 string and it can pick up all frequencies well. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp has never let me down in the 4 / 5 years I have had it. It's taken a fair few knocks and bumps in that time too, and it sound as good as ever. It's covered in carpet which means it never gets (visible) scratches or marks. I can't find any fault here. // 10

Overall Impression: In my opinion, this amp is the best that money can buy within its price range, and it can certainly contend with amps that are much more expensive than it. It looks great too, with the electric blue strip across the top.The only downside to this amp is that it is quite large and heavy, and can be difficult to transport to and from gigs, especially if you don't have a car! Unless you have lots of money to spend on an amp, I don't think there's a better one out there! // 9

More Ashdown reviews rating category latest review
+ Drive Plus 4.2 Bass Effects 09/03/2012