Ultrabass BXL3000A Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 01/18/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Behringer: Ultrabass BXL3000A
Behringer's Ultrabass BXL3000A delivers a ton of great features in an economical package. A wedge-shaped bass combo with a powerful 15" Hard Attack aluminum cone speaker and 300W of output, it is a perfect size for most gigs.
 Features: 9.7
 9.1
 6.8
reviews (3) pictures (5) 46 comments vote for this gear:
Ultrabass BXL3000A Reviewed by: UG Team, on april 11, 2008

Sound: Mainly thanks to the Precision of the 7-Band EQ, and the compressor this amp has a wide range of sonic possibilities. This amp sounds clear as a bell. It is actually a challenge to get a muddy sound out of it. This is probably due to the aluminum cone speaker. Also due to the lightweight speaker cone design, this amp is remarkably punchy, especially when you consider the size. The weakest point of this amp is the distortion channel. In order to get a respectable sound you have to turn up the gain and shape controls all the way. Needless to say, this doesn't result in much versatility in sound. Overall; despite the clearness of the tone, it can still produce excellent low, punchy bass when using the correct compressor and EQ settings. // 8

Reliability & Durability: While this amp is rather heavy, weighing in a just over 60 pounds, it is remarkably rugged. The case is built tight as a drum. It doesn't have any kind of play in the joints. The handle is well mounted and doesn't seem like it will really go anywhere. My chief concern with the amp would be in the speaker. I have had many a friend complain that their aluminum cone speaker quits on them at the most inopportune times. This could be an urban Legend. While the speaker did tend to move a lot, even at low volumes, I didn't really think that this would be a cause for speaker problems. // 7

Overall Impression: Sonically, this amp has almost infinite possibilities. Creating clear, but punchy, barking tone. While most of the effects are good, due to the lack of controls they take large amounts of time to adjust to get a good sound. However the end result is well worth the work. For the working musician this is the perfect alternative for large racks and unwieldy speaker cabinets. // 8

Ultrabass BXL3000A Reviewed by: Oheric, on january 14, 2010

Purchased from: www.guitar-center.com

Sound: I use a custom made bass guitar that I run through it with 2 1/4 pound pickups and it sounds amazing. If you having troubles getting sound then your just about stupid. I play things from Metallica/Megadeth to Nickelback to The Devil Wears Prada (lame imo but my band...). I haven't had the balls to test the clean-ness of the clean channel because at half volume not only did the windows of my house shake, but my entire house shaked. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would use this at a gig without a backup, even though I would bring a backup if possible (just... duh...). It's built SOLID. A good 60-70 lbs, it's heavy. The knobs are tough, and turn with a resistance. I could see kicking the shit out of this amp and hurting my foot, and nothing else. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is phenomenal, I love it. I've been playing for... 2 years as of this christmas 2010 (a freind got me a bass and wanted to start a band). If this amp was stolen or lost I'd definately buy a new one, even though my personality calls for constant change. I love the overall power and ruggedness of the amp, but I seriously need to buy a pedal to get sweet effects in (obviously). My favorite feature actually isn't the Ultrabass, but the 7 band EQ. // 9

Ultrabass BXL3000A Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 18, 2012

Purchased from: Thomann

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez SR300 active bass with the amp. It complements the guitar perfectly and allows for just about every type of sound dynamic possible. I play in a covers band that plays everything from Elvis to Coldplay - ballads, rock, soul, blues and pop not to mention some punk. The amp is flexible enough to deliver for all these styles and the channel switch is a real boon - in terms of being able to dramatically alter both tone and volume at the stomp of a footswitch. // 10

Reliability & Durability: No problems so far but with a 3 year parts and labour guarnatee, what the hell! It's superb for gigging. It's extremely rugged in construction too - with a matting type covering, itwon't be prone to the scratching and chipping that you get with vinyl coverings. The speaker grille is very sturdy too. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought this amp on the basis of the low price and its really good reviews. It seemed to have all the facilities I needed and the output volume of amps that were 2 or 3 times the price. OK I took a risk but it has a 3 year guarantee and a 30 days trial and return period so what was there to lose? I have not been disappointed and I would definitely buy another if it were lost or stolen. // 10

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ PB100 Preamp Booster 7.5 Guitar Effects 10/28/2014