BX600 Review

manufacturer: Carvin date: 01/22/2009 category: Bass Amplifiers
Carvin: BX600
The BX600 is a 300 watt solid state bass amp manufactured by Carvin mine was manufactured in 2008. On the front it has the power switch, single input, passive/active (-10db) switch, and a mute switch.
 4.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
BX600 Reviewed by: FbSa, on january 22, 2009

Purchased from: Carvin Website

Sound: I use this amp mainly with a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass. I have it connected to a Carvin BR-18 and a Carvin BRX 10.2 Neo. It sounds great most of the time. It gives a very nice swing sound when I run a mic into picking up an SB-180 upright bass. It does an excellent job of boosting the lows on my 5-string, and has a very nice slap sound. This amp is perfect for Ac/Dc and Lynyrd Skynyrd style rock. If I turn the highs up and then turn up the Drive, I get a lot of static out of my 2x10. I don't think it does as good a job on the highs as I expected it to. And when I run distortion through it, it tends to jumble the sound up a little. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I can easily take this to gigs without bringing a backup. I've never had any problems with it, and it has never failed me yet. Granted I've only been gigging with it for about 4 months. I've had to take it once or twice to jam sessions, and the amps there get pretty abused, but it held up and did just fine. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly Jazz, Classic Rock, and Funk, this amp does perfect for all of these styles. I've been playing for 4 and a half years and the only other amp I own is a Peavey Basic 112, this was a big step. If somehow this was broken, or stolen, I would deffiently get a new one. I love it's power and versatility, but I hate the static from on the upper end. The only thing I wish it had was an XLR input. // 8

More Carvin reviews rating category latest review
+ DC800 9.6 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014