BT15 Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 12/05/2005 category: Bass Amplifiers
Crate: BT15
The Crate BT15 features rugged Ozite covering, heavy-duty steel grille and road rugged handle. Features 15 watts, Crate 8" speaker, headphone jack, external speaker jack, CD input and limiter. Built to rock!
 8.9
 9.5
 8.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
BT15 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 05, 2005

Sound: This is one of the most clear amps I have every heard. when everything is turned up it is still mostly clear sounding. It sounds really stunning with plucking and slapping. My pickups kind of suck, but the amp really makes up for it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Since this is a practice amp, yopu can gig with it, but it does goes through a lot. Things have fallen on it and it has been dropped, but it is still working likes I just got it out of the box. It has a thick construction so you can get some lower tones, but it also doubles for major protection of the amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I like to play metal, punk, and some hip-hop-esque stuff and it sounds great with all styles. I have only been playing for about 2 years but I use my friends' amps a lot and theirs just aren't as good as mine. I kind of wished I knew how quiet 15W really is before I got it or I would have went after this 50W amp I saw. If this was stolen (because it would be hard for this to get lost) I would probably try to just get something a little be louder. I love the variation you can have with this, but I hate how heavy it is. I would recommend getting this for practice and/or for new (or realativly new, I fit in this category) players. // 9

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014