BX115E Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 07/28/2006 category: Bass Amplifiers
Crate: BX115E
Featuring one Crate 15" bass driver, the BFX115E delivers pure bass tone with power and precision. An 8 band graphic EQ lets users configure their favorite sound, plus special features like a limiter, effects loop, and XLR Pre/Post line out with level assure your sound comes through clearly at every show. With professional tone and power, the BX115E is preferred by pro players in search of a rock solid bass rig.
 6.9
 9.3
 4.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
BX115E Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 28, 2006

Sound: I use P&J style pickups. It suits it perfectly, as I said before "Ampeg Quality". It is not very noisy, it makes pop sounds but thats because I have a weak cable, I use it at home and in the garage where my band plays. I don't know what sounds it can make, just the bass sound. It is clean throughout most of the entire volume range, it is truly amazing, and when mixed with distortion, it is a pretty fine cab. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would certainly use this in a gig without a backup, I could rely my life on it, as I know of the amp has never broken down, it is amazing. // 9

Overall Impression: I play death and thrash metal and well as Funk and everything in between, I have been at bass for 5 years now. I also own Ibanez basses and other amps, I use a combo amp as the head for this, and the quality, is purely beautiful. I am very proud of purchasing this. And if this were stolen, I would buy this, again, no replacements. I love its low end bass tone, it is truly amazing, any of you who had try this or will try will certainly agree. This is better than Vintage Music Man amps I have played, or even Ampeg, this is the ideal amp for anybody who loves bass as much as I do. // 10

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014