BX25DLX Review

manufacturer: Crate date: 04/12/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Crate: BX25DLX
The BX25DLX provides solid bass tone along with innovative features. Players can conveniently tune their instrument with the BX25DLX top mounted chromatic tuner. Plus, along with the BX series superior sound players can dial in an octave effect, or switch between clean and distortion channels. The BX25DLX features a Crate 10" speaker, 25 watts RMS, limiter, and a headphone jack, which mutes the speaker.
 6.8
 5.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
BX25DLX Reviewed by: BassmastaRob, on april 12, 2007

Sound: I use my OLP MM3 and my Rouge BX100, the OLP being a Music Man style pickup and the Rouge being a Precision style. It is fine for metal and jazz but nothing outstanding that I would specifically buy for any one genera. It sounds fine except reciently it started to make a plop sound when I wasn't strumming on the bass. It can make different sounds but they aren't outstanding. The distortion sucks. Period. No brutality there. // 7

Reliability & Durability: You can depend on it for sure. I would never use it in a show for volume and sound reasons but it is structurally and electronically sound. It has never broken in the past year that I've had it. I could get another speaker but I would rather just save my money for a better amp. // 9

Overall Impression: It is good enough to practice with but it isnt loud enough for a show. I've played on this for a year and it has been good for me. I also have a Harmony 420 guitar/bass/accordian/microphone amp. I like the Harmony much better. If someone stole it I really wouldn't care. There isnt much to love or hate about it it's just an o.k. budget amp. I was comparing this to a Behringer Ultrabass 45W amp but I didn't have the funds to buy it at the time. All it would need is a graphic equilizer and it would be almost a perfect practice amp. // 8

More Crate reviews rating category latest review
+ BX15 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 06/17/2014