Bass In A Box Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 03/07/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Dean: Bass In A Box
The Dean Bass in a Box Bass Headphone Amp lets you plug in your bass, put on the headphones, and start playing. You'll hear the coolest, punchiest bass tones you've ever heard. Has a flat/normal/bright selector.
 7.8
 8.1
review (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Bass In A Box Reviewed by: Mescalino, on march 07, 2008

Purchased from: Feedback.nl

Sound: I was surprised the of the sound that it produces. I use a bass qith a P and a J element and I use in the livingroom to practice. I can't connect my bass to my normal amp cause the neighbours might complain. The box has 3 different settings flat, bright and normal. There is a small difference but I just use it on normal setting and let the bass play a clean sound using the volume and tone knob on my bass (Ibanez GSR190). There is no distortion setting and since you use a headphone turning it realy loud is not needed so there is little to none distortion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is a hard thing to tell. If I don't forget to turn it off after I have used it it is reliably or I will have to put in a new battery in. I don't have it very long yet but since you don't carry it around a lot or transport in the back of a van it should last prety long. I do wish to point out that the box is made of plastic so accidently dropping it on the ground might cause it to break but there is a clip to clip on your pants or just leave it somwhere safe and use the length of your cable. So far in the few months that I have it it has not broken down yet. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression is very good. I needed a cheap solution to be able to connect my headphone to my bass, this is the thing you want. It will never produce a sound like a full Amp but this is not ment as a replacement but just to use it to practice for that purpose it suits great. I know you can plug a headphone in a normal amp and yes you likely get a better sound but this will be a lot easier to walk around with and it can be used everywhere without having to move your amp this is especialy great if you have a heavy amp. I didn't expect a whole lot as it was cheap looked a bit cheap but I was positively surprised by it. If you wnat a parents or neighbour freindly solution this might be just your thing. // 8

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ ML XF 6 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014