Bassola 10 Review

7.3
 3.3
review (1) pictures (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Bassola 10 Reviewed by: Kurcbain, on august 18, 2009

Sound: I normally actually plug in my electric guitar because I like the boom it has a little more than my guitar amp. It handles it pretty well and sounds just as clean. The only thing it doesn't handle very well are chords, it sounds a little fuzzy when i try to play those. It suits my style of play pretty well, I normally play rock (like you'd hear from ZZ Top, AC/DC, etc.) It can be pretty noisy, but as I said, it does get a bit fuzzy: the sound is super clean on volume settings from 1 to about 3-3.5 but after that it starts to fuzz a bit. If you crank up the bass knob and presence knob and turn everything else down you can crank the volume knob up to about 5 and it sounds distorted like a not-so-expensive effects pedal, but it sounds good nonetheless. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've had the little guy for over a year now and I play on it anywhere from 3-10 hours a day, and it sounds just as great as the day I picked it up. It's never broken down, it's a pretty tough little thing. The knobs stay pretty smooth, they don't get dirty and start having that fuzzy sound when you turn them like some other amps have. The only thing that's broke on it is the input jack, but that's my fault for dropping it. It doesn't take that much maintenance work to keep it in excellent condition, as long as you don't drop it too hard or hit on anything very hard, it'll stay working just fine. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock (like ZZ Top, AD/DC, etc kind of style) it sounds pretty good with the Bassola 10, but if I wanted to really get a sound I liked I'd get a bigger amp with more features. I've been playing a few years, I own a few Acoustic guitars, a bass guitar, electric guitar, and a few amps. The only thing I wish I would have asked is if it could be bought outside of buying the starter kit it came with. If it were stolen or lost, well, i'd probably end up buying a bigger amp with alot more features, but that's just me. it IS a pretty good reliable little amp. I love the sound it makes, it's nothing special, but it sounds more natural and clean than alot of the other small amps I've had. // 8

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Exotica 8.6 Acoustic Guitars 05/30/2014