CD 200B Review

manufacturer: Drive date: 04/23/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Drive: CD 200B
20W of clean power drive an 8" speaker. Equipped with a volume control, 3-band EQ, presence control, and headphone jack.
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CD 200B Reviewed by: WARNINGnimrod12, on april 23, 2008

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Sound: I use it with a S101 Standard bass. The guitar is kind of cheap, so I think the only cheap sounds that come out are made by my guitar. Like I said before, it would fit almost any style of music (because it's bass). I play mostly punk rock on my bass, and it works really well. It's not very noisy, it's just my guitar, I think. Not much variety with sound, unless you'll mess around with the treble, middle, and bass. There is no distortion on this amplifier. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think I can depend on it. A few times the sound would not come out, but I think it was a cable because I got a new cable and there were no glitches or anything. I most likely wouldn't need a backup amp if I used it on a gig. Therefore, I think it never broke down, and I don't think it will for a while, maybe never! // 9

Overall Impression: As I mentioned before, I play mostly punk rock and it works nice. If it were stolen, maybe I'd try to get it again because it's cheap in price, but it has pretty good quality. I don't have a favorite feature because there are really no effects. I was thinking about getting a distortion pedal for this, so I wish it would have a distortion effect, but I probably wouldn't use it much anyway. // 9

More Drive reviews rating category latest review
+ CD300 5.1 Guitar Amplifiers 02/12/2010