Rumble 25 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 10/18/2011 category: Bass Amplifiers
Fender: Rumble 25
The Rumble 25 combo has 25 watts of power and a Fender Special Design 10" speaker, the most popular sized speaker of professional bassists! The on-board Effects Loop (preamp out/power amp in) serves multiple functions.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.4
 Features: 7.2
 6.9
 7.9
 5.8
reviews (5) pictures (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Rumble 25 Reviewed by: cj14, on march 27, 2006

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

Sound: I use a lightning and jazz pickup, and they work quite well with the amp on higher notes and at lower volumes. There's slight distortion, on higher volumes, but that doesn't really matter because you shouldn't be using this amp for gigs, but you can if you want to. The runble 25 works well with any style of music, especially jazz. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Obviously I would never not bring a backup, bit I couls probably depend on it if I needed to. I've had it 4 over two years and its never broken down or worn down. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything that sounds cool and it works pretty well. I play an Ibanez Soundgear Electrib Bass and I have no regrets at all from buying this amp. Rumble 25 Rocks! // 9

Rumble 25 Reviewed by: pwrmax, on august 14, 2008

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez and a Fender bass with this amp and they both make great sounds. What this amp lacks in power, it makes up for in tone. I've also tried using a Boss bass overdrive pedal and a DigiTech bass synthesizer and they both sound great. Even without an EQ pedal it sounds pretty descent. It does tend to buzz when you turn it up too loud but that's barely noticeable when playing with a band, the only time I ever hear the buzz is when I play alone and I don't need to turn it up loud when alone. It doesn't have any built-in effects so I obviously can't comment on that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank. You could probably whack it with a sledgehammer and not damage it (I wouldn't recommend that though). The speaker is nicely protected, not just the front but also from the back. I probably wouldn't gig it because of the lack of power but if I did, I feel confident without a backup (as long as the venue has a PA system I can mic up to). I've had this amp for about 6 months and it's had no problems. The speaker hasn't blown out yet and yes, I have cranked it up to max several times. // 10

Overall Impression: I play almost any kind of music and this amp does it all. Using a bass overdrive pedal to play some Motorhead sounds great, slapping to play some funk sounds great, using the bass synth play some prog sounds great. It it were stolen or lost I might buy it again but not without trying out some other amps first, I bought this thing on impulse but I have no buyer's remorse. I give it an 8/10 because of the lack of effects and an EQ with more than 3 knobs, it needs at least 2 midrange controls to get a better growl. I won't take away points for the lack of power because, after all, it's a practice amp. // 8

Rumble 25 Reviewed by: Zach101, on february 16, 2011

Price paid: C$ 200

Sound: The amp itself however makes some pretty pretty nice tones. I usually use a clean subtle bass sound and this amp accomplishes that quite nicely. Also, this amp is pretty quiet. Even with the volume on full (which isn't very loud) there is almost no buzz. I was surprised that there were next to no buzzes; I thought it would be a louder amp in terms of distortion, but I was wrong. There are no built in effects so no need to comment on that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I probably wouldn't use this amp at a gig. The only way it would be loud enough is if I mic'd it through a heavier watt sound system, which I really don't want to bother doing. The amp has never broken down, but I don't use it a lot so it hasn't really had the chance. But it stays in relatively good condition and performs it's purpose fairly well. // 7

Overall Impression: I play mainly alternative rock/alternative metal. This amp is fine for me for practice. No gigging though. I've been playing bass for a few years and this amp is ok for practicing at home. This was my first bass amp and I really don't have any complaints about it at the time I bought it. I love the fact that it's portable and provides pretty good tone, but I hate the fact that it's quiet and not very versatile in terms of EQ. My favourite feature is the red underglow. I chose to buy this product mainly because I needed a bass amp to practice with. I would recommend this amp to beginner bass players who need something to PRACTICE with at home. // 7

Rumble 25 Reviewed by: Johnny Lingo, on march 18, 2010

Price paid: C$ 50

Purchased from: Kijiji - Used

Sound: I have a Peavey Millenium BXP 4 and it is pretty flexible in tone for a cheap bass. The sound through the amp is great and you can get a good variety of tones to suit your style/s. It is a clean amp and only distorts at high volume, and it is just a practice amp after all. It has more powerful big brothers for gigging. I actually use a DigiTech BP50 with it and can get a huge range of sounds. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have not had a problem with this amp, and don't expect to. It is very rugged in construction as far as the cabinet goes, and the knobs and inputs are all fine. Even the red light that pulses in the bottom of the cab has not went out. I am pretty sure you take the bigger versions of this gigging and it would stand up to it. // 8

Overall Impression: I use this for recording, composing and just plain jamming and it is all I need. For the price I paid, it was a stupid good deal! I have been playing for 30 years, and this is a solid amp. For the price, I couldn't beat it. For $230 CDN at Long & Mcquade, I think I could do better, but then again, I am not a full time bassist, and I have limited needs, so I didn't do a lot of research. It is a good amp, and you can find lots used as I did, I am sure. I can recommend it as a great used amp! // 8

Rumble 25 Reviewed by: PiqSiq Project, on october 18, 2011

Sound: I use a Peavey Millenium BXP 4 bass with 2 straight line single coil pickups with it. It suits my styles quite well and has a clean sound and tone at higher volumes. The 10" speaker had a nice thump at low tone and nice clean highs. I often use a little DigiTech BP50 bass pedal with it for fuzz and other effects, and the amp works nicely with them. The headphone/line out is great for direct recording. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The amp is very solidly built, and the electronics/controls are solid and smooth. Would use it for small gigs no problem, as it is very transportable and its 25 watts would work in a small pub, I think. It's a solid state amp, and has been very dependable and low maintenance, and I think it would get you through most nights. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for decades, and some bass during that time. I own a dozen guitars and play hard/classic/prog rock and blues, and needed the amp primarily for recording. It had done me very well, and I love the effects loop. I am no fan of the flashing red light, but whatever. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Pawn Shop Mustang Special 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/01/2014