Rumble 30 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 10/08/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Fender: Rumble 30
The third in the Rumble series, the Rumble 30 packs a punch in its less-than-mediocre size. The clean tone gives it everything an alternative band could imagine while full overdrive gives any party band a bass to keep beat on.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 9.2
 9.3
 9.1
reviews (2) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Rumble 30 Reviewed by: FAStud, on november 28, 2011

Purchased from: Music and Arts

Sound: The clean tone gives it everything an alternative band could imagine while full overdrive gives any party band a bass to keep beat on. I play in between somewhere with the metal scene and can ferociously reach my expectations along the distorted line. Its packed and unique clean sound amazes me everytime because it can sustain even the loudest note. Never underestimate Fender when it comes to originality and tone. Even in a room with HORRIBLE acoustics it just mages to stand out greatly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Since I've been moving around and getting around I've trusted this beast for almost a year now. I've had people borrow it, steal it, and everything in between (I live in a boy's dorm). So its been around. Sound is always strong and not once has it declined. Carrying it around really can be a burden at first but can really give you a strong arm. I also trust this for a number of parties for a music player so it stands out in a really fused on rave. Even dropping it down stairs doesnt't even bother me anymore due to its durability so I would give it a good rating. // 9

Overall Impression: Since I started playing with the Rumble series years ago, they've continued to impress me over and over. I started with the Rumble 15 and moved my way up the ladder. Considering its past models, it matches up to a lot of genres of music. Most of it really relies on itself really (just have a really good bass guitar to complete it). And I couldn't doubt its pick-up-and-play routine. You should definitely get one if you are an aspiring bass player. If you're not then stick to your amateur ways. For practice or shows this is a great compromise. And if it were ever stolen I'd buy it again and beat whoever stole it into a bloody pulp. [insert smiley here] // 9

Rumble 30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 08, 2012

Purchased from: wunjo bass shop

Sound: FYI I don't really play bass very much, I just play it occasionally and in one of my bands, but for my main band I play lead guitar. I use this amp with a Fender jazz bass, and a Squier P Bass and they both sound very very good with it! It fits the styles I play very well (rock, Indie rock, punk, and jazz) it has a very clear and concise clean tone, it can be very punchy as well, and the overdrive channel is good as well, and is also very good sounding for an built in overdrive channel. I play (this is the amp I play bass in) in a rock / Indie rock / punk rock band and can be heard over a drum kit and 2 guitar amps. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would rely on this for gigs (and have done) without a backup! And it has never had any problems. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall it is an amazing amp for the price and it is great sounding, especially in a band situation. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Telecaster Plus Deluxe Version II 8.2 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014