410SBX Review

manufacturer: Gallien-Krueger date: 08/22/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Gallien-Krueger: 410SBX
The Classic SBX cabinets are designed as more affordable cabinets for extension use with the 400RB-IV and 800RB heads. An added benefit of the 410SBX cabinets is that it alone, in the SBX Series, pairs-up perfectly with the 700RB-II. These cabinets can be used as stand-alone units or combined into monster stacks.
 7.9
 9.3
 6.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
410SBX Reviewed by: LetTheBassPlay, on august 22, 2007

Sound: I'm running a Spector Legend 5 with Active EMG pickups through a Backline 600 head and it fits everything that I play. I mess around with funk and it gets a great pop, it's got great crunch on the lows for my metal band, and can mellow out for a sweet jazzy tone. There's very little background noise that occurs, but that happens with any amp. It handles the disortion from the head very well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a very dependable amp. The only problem is that sometimes the cord running from the head to the cab would get a little loose. Mine was actually dropped one day and it completely shook the input jack loose in the back of the cabinet, so we had to solder some wires to the input jack that ran to another external jack that we installed. But I would definitely gig this cabinet without a backup. It's strong and gives me the tones I need. // 9

Overall Impression: My styles have all been mentioned above, and it works well for all of them. It's a great cabinet for a beginner cabinet, as it was for me, and produces a great sound from my Spector Legend. If this were lost or stolen, I would buy this cabinet again because it's great for the gig sizes I play and gives me the sounds that I love. // 9

More Gallien-Krueger reviews rating category latest review
+ MB Fusion 8.8 Bass Amplifiers 09/06/2011