Backline 110 Review

manufacturer: Gallien-Krueger date: 02/29/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Gallien-Krueger: Backline 110
The Backline 110 guitar amplifier features active 3-band EQ, footswitchable overdrive, contour, headphone jack, and line out. 70W. Tilt-back design. 10" speaker. 1-year warranty on speakers. 2-year warranty on electronics.
 9.1
 9.8
 8.4
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Backline 110 Reviewed by: crfowler_09, on february 29, 2008

Sound: I use a Peavey Milestone IV with a humbucking split pickup. It works well, couldn't be happier. I play punk, metal, and general rock. It's not that noisy, sticks out like a sore thumb compared to a fuzzy/squealing guitar amp, and is never drowned out by the drums. It's variety is set more toward the funky active bass line, but I can still play some very nice passive lines without having to sacrifice my tone. It's very satisfying, I recommend it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never had a problem, though I would never gig without a backup. You never know what could happen. It's never broken down, never been a pain in the ass, and it's just a perfect amp. Like I said, never gig without a backup because amps are good but environment isn't. // 10

Overall Impression: My God this thing is perfect. Nothing about it is major flawed, so quit reading this review and try it out. It's bang for your buck and for your money. I play mostly rock, metal, blues, punk and a little bit of funk, and it has satisfied me beyond expectation. It made me fall in love with bass again, I thought that would never happen again. Go try it! // 10

More Gallien-Krueger reviews rating category latest review
+ MB Fusion 8.8 Bass Amplifiers 09/06/2011