ML 200-210T Review

manufacturer: Genz Benz date: 12/03/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Genz Benz: ML 200-210T
This model has been designed to deliver the popular 2x10" and bullet tweeter tone that many bassists prefer but in a compact and affordable package. The ML 200-210T produces a tight, punchy response with plenty of mid definition and clarity. Our "Edge-Lift" handles make this an easy combo to transport.
 Features: 9.5
 9.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
ML 200-210T Reviewed by: hhr, on july 30, 2007

Purchased from: Mass Street Music

Sound: I have a variety of basses..ranging from a Dean ML to a Cort 6-string w/ a Bartolini pickup and they all sound great through this amp. This amp will handle whatever you can throw at it. I mainly play rock music, but I'm sure this amp could be used for just about any music under the sun. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have never had a problem with this amp and like I said; I've had it for over 5 years now and have played it just about everyday. I've never had to have it serviced or anything. Overall, it's just a great amp and I have no major complaints with it although if I have/had the money at the time, I would have bought an Ampeg head and cab because nothing compares to them. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music, and this amp is perfect. I've been playing for 7 years now and I own many basses but only this amp. I have no complaints about this amp, other than the power. 300 watts is a lot for a guitar amp, but most bass amps use a lot more but the times I've used it live (other than just jamming with friends) it's been great. // 10

ML 200-210T Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 03, 2008

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Sound: I have many basses that I've used with this amp; LTD, Cort, Dean, Ibanez, Rogue, I've owned a few. Like I said above, it fits just about any musical style. This amp rarely distorts, unless the gain is pegged and you start working the master volume up. I usually play with the gain on 6 so I don't have to worry about this. Very versatile amp with the active EQ, if you bypass the active EQ (via the button on the front) the amp is a little louder, but you lose the versatility of the EQ. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have depended on this amp many times without a backup and it has yet to fail me. After owning it for over 5 years now, I think it's finally about to blow a speaker. It makes a subtle squeaking noise at high volumes. But for what I paid, and all the use I've gotten out of it, I'd say if it died today I would be happy with it overall. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect for rock, punk, metal; but this amp is very versatile and I see no reason why it wouldn't work for just about anything. I've been playing bass for 10 years and this is the only amp I currently own. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider buying another since I'm so used to it. I compared it to a couple of GK and Ampeg combos that were a little more pricey than this one. It would be nice if this thing had a better handle... or casters. it's fairly heavy, and since it's shaped like a monitor (so you can kick it back and aim it up at your face), it's a little awkward to carry sometimes. // 10

Comments