HBW-150 Review

manufacturer: Harley Benton date: 06/29/2010 category: Bass Amplifiers
Harley Benton: HBW-150
No different settings, this amp has great power. Just basic combo amp set up, could use some wheels.
 7.1
 7.8
 6.4
review (1) pictures (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
HBW-150 Reviewed by: Jordanelpaco, on june 29, 2010

Price paid: € 195

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Sound: I use a 2004 Fender P-Bass, my music style is Indie, funk, jazz, punk, alt and bit of metal it suits all them but the metal, there's weird noise/hiss off this amp, this is your basic bass amp nothing special no special settings or anything, not much, but still there is a nice tone off this amp, this can get really loud without any weird noise but when you turn this right up it makes more of a thump than a distorted noise, no distortion I use a bigg muff through this and sounds great. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This amps too big it really annoying cause its really heavy it weights more than 30kg, but I can depend on it I've used it 4 times live in the past year and let a few other bassists use it they had no problems, its also really strong I've never dropped it mainly cause its too big but I use it as a seat alot so durable. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing 2 years now, I wish I had asked did this amp have distortion when I bought I thought it would have, if this was stolen I wouldn't bother buying it again its too boring, I love that it does the job and was cheap and has never gave me any bad problems, I hate its name and lack of settings, I chose this cause I needed a loud amp (over 100 watts) that was cheap, I think I expected worse from this amp, for a Harley Benton this isnt that bad of an amp. // 9

More Harley Benton reviews rating category latest review