7000 Review

manufacturer: Hartke date: 07/30/2004 category: Bass Amplifiers
Hartke: 7000
The Hartke 7000 comes in a biamp ready, dual 350 watt amp configuration with built-in active crossover enabling you to have a separate power amp for your mid/highs and another internal amp for your lows.
 9.1
 9.5
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
7000 Reviewed by: JohnCub, on july 30, 2004

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Sound: The sound on this amp goes from transparant to heavily effected with the compressor and equalization. The sound is always crystal clear whether you use the tube preamp, the solid state preamp, or any combination of the two. The tube preamp gives this amp a very smooth tone reminiscent of the early amps. The power options, mono and biamp, allow for excellent sound shaping when used in conjunction with good speakers. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The only problem I have ever had with this amp has been the power switch being stuck in the on position. This has happened to me twice since I have owned and it and I have decided to control the power through a power conditioner/switch so it is not really a problem anymore. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this amp is a top notch choice for the serious player. If you want to buy just one more amp for the rest of your life, this would the the amp to couple up with. I have been playing bass for 18 years now and when I purchased this amp I was hoping it would be the one I'd have for the rest of my life. I've now owned it almost 5 years and it has fit the bill to a T. // 10

More Hartke reviews rating category latest review
+ Bass Attack VXL 7.6 Bass Effects 11/29/2012