B150 Review

manufacturer: Hartke date: 09/06/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Hartke: B150
A great practice amp, the B150 features a 6.5"driver that sounds full and punchy despite its compact size. It is driven by a 15 Watt amp and includes a 3-band EQ, an effects loop and line and headphone outputs.
 7.2
 7.8
 6.6
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
B150 Reviewed by: Bullet-Rule, on september 06, 2007

Sound: I am using this amplifier with a Hartke bass (that I received in the same pack). On the bass there is a bridge J pickup and a neck P pickup. The amp suits a lot of music styles including metal (which is what I mainly play). The sound is very punchy and with the right EQ settings this makes for a very nice practice amp. On the downside this amp, or it's the bass pickups, buzzes quite noisily when I need high mids and highs on the EQ. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would never try to gig with this amp, seen as though it's only a 15W but I can depend on it in small jamming sessions or practice. It can be heard over drums which is quite a feat for a small 15W bass amp. The amp has never broken down after 1 years and I will continue to use it as a practice amp until I get a bigger one (for gigs). // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing bass for 1 year now and I received this amp in a pack with a Hartke bass. Considering the bass is very average sounding the amp shows it in a good light. The sound is crisp and quite punchy for a practice amp and ideal for metal. The EQ is sufficient for me, as I only use it to practice and the inclusion of a headphones port is a great feature. In the same price range I would say that this Hartke bass amp is a contender for the best bass practice amp out there. If it was lost or stolen the chances are I would get this again. For a practice amp I couldn't really ask for many more features. // 8

More Hartke reviews rating category latest review
+ Bass Attack VXL 7.6 Bass Effects 11/29/2012