HA 2000 Review

manufacturer: Hartke date: 07/25/2003 category: Bass Amplifiers
One channel bass amplifier. Effects loop, 200 watts, 7 band graphic equalizer, lo contor, and hi contor, 2 pre-amps, tube and solid state.
 8.2
 9.5
 6.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
HA 2000 Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 25, 2003

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Sound: I play a Custom P-bass, and a DeArmond pilot bass. I play in a punk band, but i also play alot of rock, swing, jazz, and funk. I send the Hartke HA2000 through an Ampeq SVT-480, and it sounds quite good. If you turn both pre-amps up to around ten it started to distort, but it usually isnt up that high. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This ampis very reliable, I have gigged without a back up many times, something i couldnt do with my old Crate combo. I has never broken down, and i dont think it ever will. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for a couple years now, and I have played through many many amps and this was the best for the buck, though if you gig alot i would recomend getting a high with an di out. I also own Crate combo and this blows it away. Its a very loud amp, running at 140 watts at 8 ohms (200 watts at 4 ohms) i have never turned up past 5 and i have played at a 1000+ seat auditorium, with 2 guitarists with Marshall stacks and a drummer. // 10

More Hartke reviews rating category latest review
+ Bass Attack VXL 7.6 Bass Effects 11/29/2012