Maxwatt B20 10 Review

8.8
 8.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Maxwatt B20 10 Reviewed by: pacole131096, on april 23, 2014

Ease of Use: Very easy to use. want a decent sound just put all knobs at 12 o'clock and work from there. The sound seems to fairly responsive to turning the knobs, the treble and bass seem to make more of a difference than the presence and mid knobs however. With some good quality pedals you can get a vast array of different sounds from this amp. For quiet use it also has a headphone jack which proves itself useful. High and low inputs are also provided which I have not really experimented with much yet, the same goes for the external speaker output. // 10

Sound: I bought this amp second hand along with a Cort action bass for an absolute steal. To my ear I think it sounds pretty nice for what it is: an affordably priced 20 watt practice amp. With any half decent bass guitar you can get some good sounds out this amp. I'm into harder rock genres (bands like Foo Fighters, Tool, Blink-182 and stuff like that) With the half decent bass guitar I have I think this amp does a good job of producing a pleasing sound. It doesn't sound completely amazing but it definitely is acceptable. I took this amp to a band rehearsal due to no other options. It had to compete with A half stack guitar amp and a loud drummer- it was drowned out but not entirely. Probably still louder than one would expect from a 20 watt amp. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I bought this second hand and it seems to have nothing at all wrong with it. It seems to be built like a fortress. I definitely can not see it breaking in the foreseeable future. Everything seems to be put together well, the knobs, the casing the inputs all don't look like they will break any time soon. In terms of Reliability & Durability Hiwatt certainly live up to their great reputation. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for seven years and to me this amp certainly gets the job done. If you need a good sounding practice amp at an affordable price I would certainly recommend buying this amp. If it were stolen I would not buy another only because I need something louder for what I want to do. Another thing worth noting is that it sounds great when I play my electric guitar through it, I have used a Mexican tele through a Boss DS1 and got some great sounds! It also saved me a lot of money being able to use this as both a bass and electric guitar amp. // 8

More Hiwatt reviews rating category latest review
+ Maxwatt B20 3.9 Bass Amplifiers 06/13/2007