IBZ10B Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/29/2006 category: Bass Amplifiers
Ibanez: IBZ10B
The IBZ10B sounds bigger than it is and easily fills up a bedroom with some "phat" low tone. The 3-band EQ lets you dial in the sound you want and the headphone out allows the "thunder" to continue without bothering mom. This backstage bass amp has the clarity and booming lows of the big rigs and it easily handles passive or active basses.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Features: 7.5
 5.3
 6.5
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
IBZ10B Reviewed by: Crossley92*, on june 21, 2005

Sound: It's just a small 10watt amp, so its sound isn't the loudest and best, but it'll suite anyone's need playing causally, or practing, you shouldn't be caught using an amp that small in a any gig of cause. There's no disortion or sound boost, which means sound is limited, which means you need to get an effects pedal, which all work with these amps. But, you can set all the controls up to full, and you get a very very loud noise with some disortion, which can be interesting in some songs, but you have no control when playing in the middle of it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Works fine, always has done, has never over heated, even on a hot day, and it's strong, so you can drop it when carrying down stairs. // 10

Overall Impression: It's good for beginners, and the casual bassist, and fits nicely into small places, with no long dragging wires, lite, and can be quite loud, good for livving rooms and bedrooms, even your kitchen if you really have to. // 10

IBZ10B Reviewed by: lespaul_rentals, on july 29, 2006

Sound: The sound on this amp is worth jack squat. I've fiddled with the knobs on it endlessly trying to get a good tone, but to no avail. As if that's not bad enough, when I play with the volume knob anywhere over 5, I get horrid buzzing and popping from the speaker. The actual wattage on this thing is more like 5 watts, not ten. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Could I take this to a gig and rely on it without a backup? Why would I be stupid enough to take this amp to a gig? Number one, if you played with an acoustic guitar, your sound would automatically be drowned out, because this amp is so small and you can only turn the volume up halfway. It is durable. I will give it that. You could probably drop it off a building and it wouldn't break. // 5

Overall Impression: I've been playing rock and punk bass for over 6 months now. I mainly play guitar, however (1.75 years). If I get in the mood to play around on my bass, I'll usually pass it up just because of this worthless amp. In fact, I've taken to using my Frontman 15G to amplify my bass guitar because of its better tone and actually amplifying my signal. // 2

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014