Groove Bass 310C Review

manufacturer: Kustom date: 03/24/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Kustom: Groove Bass 310C
The Groove Bass 310C provides three 10-inch Eminence speakers with 1,200-watt output power. Again, this is 1,200 watts as the amp is wired; additional speaker cabinets are not necessary to attain full power.
 6.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Groove Bass 310C Reviewed by: Mr_Pleb_Mgoo, on march 24, 2008

Purchased from: Cash Converters

Sound: Still using the old Ibanez SR-100 with P pickups, sounds great! Suits rock/blues perfectly, haven't had a chance to try it with metal yet, but I can't see it having a problem in that area. I play with a pick and this amp just has the best bright tone I've heard, it is on par with the Warwick Profet heads for sound quality. The horn does distort if you push it to 3dB attenuation or so, that might be due to use by it's previous owner though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Only problem has been the mute button sprung out on me (came unattached), that's easily fixed with some super glue though. If this thing died, something tells me I wouldn't be alive to use a backup. It's built rock hard and I can tell it's had a few knocks when I look at it, but it's still going strong. // 9

Overall Impression: This amp works great for any genre really, the EQ is just great for tone-shaping, and is certainly a step up from my Warwick BlueCab 60. The only downside about this amp is it's weight (~60-70kg or 150lb), so you'll want a trolley to cart it around (it does have kick-back wheels, but they are inadequate for major movement). For $900 this amp bloody well worth it. // 9

More Kustom reviews rating category latest review
+ KXB200 8.2 Bass Amplifiers 11/26/2014