RB2 Review

manufacturer: Laney date: 02/20/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Laney: RB2
The RB2 is just as portable as its baby brother, the RB1, but offers more power for your rehearsal sessions. It also features a line level input, a DI and external speaker output for versatile connection options.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 7.6
 8.6
 6.6
reviews (2) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
RB2 Reviewed by: thinlizzy71, on july 29, 2006

Purchased from: Hooters - Watford

Sound: I use it with a Yamaha rbx with passive pickups so I plug into the normal input socket. There is one channel which makes things simpler and the gain is very good and doesnt fade at low volumes and the cleaner sound doesnt become distorted even when you feel like rattling the walls with the power this amp packs. The volume is quite surprising for an amp of this size. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have only had this for a short while but the three gigs I have done with it have gone smoothly without a single hitch so this amp is a very solid performer. The casing is very sollid and has a distinct "furry" finish unliket the cheap plastic that some marshalls have. The knobs are very chunky and easy to grip, and will not snap off in a million years. // 9

Overall Impression: This works very well with my rock band and I can turn up the gain and flick the compressor on when I jam with my metal band also I often use it for a blues sound so this stretches across different genres (like the ampicons keep reminding us). Buy this amp! It will fit into your bedroom and gig very well and its a rare amp that can do that. // 8

RB2 Reviewed by: grimmie, on february 20, 2012

Price paid: € 110

Purchased from: 2nd hand

Sound: I used it for guitars Ibanez RG505, Ibanez S450, Ibanez RS 405 Deluxe, thru pedals Marshall GV-2, Ibanez SM7 and basses Yamaha RBX374, Yamaha RBX270, Yamaha Aria SB404/5, some old Yamaha Pbass Bb Series, some sh-tty bass called Aster o.O, Squier P-Bass Affinity, now with some MM Stingray copy bass. I play from blues, funk, progressive to metal, and it covers it all, pretty versatile amp, it has his gain channel, but with compressor on its really not noisy or distorted even on 80% volume. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's pretty badass lill' amp, metal corners, carpet cover, metal grill over speaker, I always gig witouth a backup, it's been thru lot, bouncing in the trunk of f--kin' YUGO (probably planets worst car) on -10 degrees C. Bad electricity, handle with 2 marshalls 30w and 60w and a crazy drummer on gigs and practices for over 2 years while its mine, never had any problems with it. // 10

Overall Impression: My impression... f--kin' hardcore, for its price, power, features, reliability, versatility its great match, I play guitar for about 7-8 years and bass for about 6, I have changed lot of gear, there is nothing to be hate about this amp, of course it isn't the best 30W amp on earth, but what you get for this price its great. If it were stolen, lost, broken I would probably buy Laney again but RB3 his bigger brother, if you thinking about to buy it, BUY IT you WON'T REGRET! CHEERS! // 9

More Laney reviews rating category latest review
+ LV100 9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014