RB3 Review

manufacturer: Laney date: 05/15/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Laney: RB3
This amp is so loud it could be used for a small gig. It has gain, bass, frequency, level and volume, this amp also has a built in compressor. It has a headphone input on the back, a built in DI box which is great when recording.
 8.8
 9.2
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
RB3 Reviewed by: BenGriffiths, on may 15, 2012

Purchased from: Gear4music

Sound: I've used this amp with all of my basses, but the one that stand out most for me is when I use my Fender Mondern Player Jazz Bass, the fat low end humbuckers with the level and gain turned up gives an amazing sound. You can really fiddle around with the EQ and get some really cool sounds and tones out of this amp. However after playing bass for a while you would want to buy some pedals anyway and experiment. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This amp is an absolute Tank! Its indestructible. It has a kick-proof grill on the front to protect the speakers. When I purchased this amp online I had a big surprise when I saw the size of it. I imagined it to be quite small, it wasn't its massive, however I was very pleases, my neighbors no so much! // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing bass for about two years now and I started off playing through a 150watt PA system. I decided to buy this amp to get different sounds and have an amp I could take to a band practice without too much trouble. This amp is perfect for playing a wide range of styles and genres. If I ever had this amp stolen I would probably buy a small cabinet instead. Compared to the PA I used before the RB3 gives you so much tone. Overall this is a great amp, and for the money its a great upgrade from a small practice amp in your bedroom or a PA. // 9

More Laney reviews rating category latest review
+ LV100 9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014