Lowdown LD15 Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 03/02/2010 category: Bass Amplifiers
Line 6: Lowdown LD15
This amp is a great practice and starter amp. It can get more than loud enough for a home practice amp.
 8.5
 7.9
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Lowdown LD15 Reviewed by: Seanstrom, on march 02, 2010

Sound: I use an Ibanez GSR205 and a Peavey Milestone BXP with it. The Ibanez pickups are stock pickups that came with the bass, and same goes for the Peavey. I play almost anything literally, I play Jazz for my school's jazz band, I do covers of soft rock to death metal with my friends. It's just right noise wise for a practice amp/really small gig amp. I have not had any problems with this amp in the 2 years I have owned it. Its clean channel stays clean no matter how high you turn the master volume knob. I use it to make a variety of sounds, from clean, to punchy slap bass, to distorted metal, and it sounds good for all of them. You can adjust the drive on the Clean channel to give it some distortion, although if you really want some good distortion you can put it on Rock and then adjust the drive. My only problem with this is that it's only 15 watts. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp is dependable if you're only using it as a very small gig amp, or a practice amp for your room. It is also very reliable, I have had mine for 2 years and have not had any problems with it. // 9

Overall Impression: I typically play Rock/Hard Rock, but I play Jazz for my school's jazz band, I improvise some meditational style music for fun, and I also do some heavy metal/death metal with my friends. This amp, Line 6 LowDown LD15, handles those all very well considering its compact size, and only having an 8 inch speaker at 15 watts. I've been playing for 5 years, I have a Peavey Milestone BXP (which I am currently in the process of completely refinishing/customizing and de-fretting) and an Ibanez GSR205, a 5 string bass. It handles the low of the B string fairly well, until the volume gets all the way up, but thats to be expected from a cheap starter bass amp. I have no regrets about buying this amp, it suits my needs very well for right now. If it happened to get lost or stolen, or just die, I would probably upgrade to something bigger, but I would stay with Line 6 most likely. This is a very very good amp for beginning bass players and people who just want a fairly diverse practice amp. I find it very reliable, I would recommend this to anyone who wants a small amp. When looking for a new amp, I tried out several smaller amps, Marshalls, Peaveys, and a few more, I found Line 6 to be the best for its price, and I have not been let down by it yet. It was a good purchase. Although I do wish I went for a higher wattage version of this amp, because right now when I play medium sized gigs I have to borrow my friends half stack, or use my school's 75 watt keyboard amp. // 10

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review