LowDown LD175 Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 02/09/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Line 6: LowDown LD175
With 3 effects you can add to each amp chorus, filter, and octaver. You can also have up to 4 presets saved into it. I also like the fact that it has a built in tuner.
 6.9
 5.8
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
LowDown LD175 Reviewed by: jumpaside, on february 09, 2012

Price paid: C$ 450

Purchased from: Ernie Sears Music

Sound: I mostly use my squire Mike Dirnt signature series which I put Seymour Duncan SPB-3 (don't quote me on the model of pickup) I mostly use the rock (Ampeg) channel on it for the music I play. I play many different genres such as: rock, punk, metal core, post hardcore, thrash metal, and a few others. I would be using the grind channel more for breakdowns only if I could get it to still have that punch in the chest a bass should give you and not sound like a fart. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've used this at many gigs and jams over a year and a half and it hasn't failed me yet. And I do abuse her. I sometimes let a drummer I jam with plug his drum triggers and it hasn't blown. Granted I belived the grill on the outside kinda got need in bringing it to his house. It doesn't effect the sound any. I would defintily use this with out a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal at the end of the day so this isn't a bad match. I've been playing for 3 years and have tried many amps. If this were lost or stolen I'd maybe save up to get the head and the 4x10 cab seeing as I've been wanting tat for a while. I love how it can fit in a van and is loud enough for gigs. I HATE that there are so many "options" but only one sounds good at best. Before I bought this amp I was renting a Traynor Dyna Bass 200 but it was $200 more then the Line 6. // 7

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review