Little Mark II Review

manufacturer: Markbass date: 04/14/2008 category: Bass Amplifiers
Markbass: Little Mark II
On the front, the Markbass Little Mark 2 comes equipped with an 4-channel EQ, as well as VLE (vintage loudspeaker enhancer) and a VPF (variable preshape filter).
 8.2
 7.4
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Little Mark II Reviewed by: aceofbass131, on april 14, 2008

Sound: Holy crap! I am blown away by this baby after 6 months. I use it through a Line 6 Bass PODxt Live that it shares my case with. Just to prove how versatile the amp is, without my Line 6, I play whole metal shows with just the markbass plugged in! Plus, when I play jazz and worship, I just turn up the VLE nob and out come the smooth tones without the raspy attack of my active bass. I have pushed this little baby up to 7 and then I have to leave the room because of how loud it is. I know that volume is a relative thing, but for that, just head down to guitar center and try any markbass for that matter. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Being a switching amp, it produces pure-tones without the susceptibility to heatsinks like most tube powered amps. I have to say I will never need to back this amp up. I say that because it sits safely inside my road-runner rack. I bought the warranty not for sound and gig purposes, but at the time, I didn't have the rackmount. Be prepared to either buy a case from Markbass or buy the $30 rack ears. It has a very sturdy construction, but it does not come enclosed. // 8

Overall Impression: Being new to the brand, I came in skeptical. And left as a huge fan. I would promote this over any Ampeg or GK. Solely because it can do both! Being a bassist for 3-4 years, I knew what tone to go for. I play everything from worship music to heavy metal. This amp does it all! I must say that the construction would be something to change, but that's if you can't afford a bag or a rackmounted case. // 9

More Markbass reviews rating category latest review
+ Little Mark III 9.3 Bass Amplifiers 10/29/2012