Bass State B65 Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 10/28/2004 category: Bass Amplifiers
Marshall: Bass State B65
The Bass State B65 takes over where the B30 leaves off and boasts some unique features as well as greater power.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Bass State B65 Reviewed by: 4-string-4-eva, on october 28, 2004

Purchased from: middlesbrough music centre

Sound: As I have already said you can get lots of tonal variation from this thing, for the type of music that I play I have a high gain setting for that distorted sound but you can have the very clean tone needed for other styles of music. The only problem is the buzzing when on a high tone setting from the bass but this is to be expected on any amp. I have been running an Encore PK40 through it and it has 2 split single coil pickups which give a great funk/rock tone on a high setting on the amp and an awesome rock tone on a low setting. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I got it second hand and there was only a very small amount of damage on it which I only noticed after a while of owning it. I havn't really had enough time to drop it although it has had one or two knocks. If it stands up to marshalls very good reputation on durability it should be with me for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: Marshall is known as the father of loud and that is no lie. It has the best tone possible for rock/metal although it can be used for funk/jazz/blues etc aswell. If I lost it in a fire I would most certainly buy it again although I would be hard pushed to find another one at the same price: they retail at 360 GBP and got it for 120! // 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ Valvestate VS30R 6.1 Guitar Amplifiers 04/21/2014