M-Pulse 360 Review

manufacturer: Mesa Boogie date: 02/05/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Mesa Boogie: M-Pulse 360
M-Pulse amplifiers provide a toneful balanced Direct Out featuring a three-pin XLR with selectable Pre/Post options that let you choose between the huge warmth of your stage sound or the stripped focus of your bass when interfacing to live or recording consoles.
 7.9
 8.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
M-Pulse 360 Reviewed by: Ampeg SVT, on february 05, 2007

Sound: I play a Musicman Stingray and I play rock, it suits the bass very well and I was very surprised at how tubey it sounds, the EQ seems pretty subtle to me and the Parametric EQ can be very useful if you know how to use it. It can get really loud and that is very certain in the low end department. My only gripe is that the volume knob is very unbalanced and gets loud too fast. It can get to Reggae lows, to funky highs to tube distortion that's comparable to a Big Muff. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As you know, Mesa is durable as hell. I don't expect it to break down on me. I would gig without a backup but of course I would run a DI Line just in case something happens. I don't have a rack case but I will eventually buy one soon. I think the tubes might need to be replaced soon and I don't really care for the Mesa tubes, I'll just buy Mullard tubes or Electro Harminx tubes. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a great amp but the power might be a issue to some, I play Musicman basses and a Kustom 410H cab. If it were stolen I would probably just buy a GK 1001RBII because I'm planning on getting one anyway. I love it but I'm not sure I really appreciate it. I wish it had Speakon outputs but that's it. // 8

More Mesa Boogie reviews rating category latest review