TKO 115 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 09/04/2007 category: Bass Amplifiers
Peavey: TKO 115
The TKO 115 features 100 Watts driving a 15" Blue Marvel speaker at 4 Ohms or 75 Watts driving the speaker at 8 Ohms. A status led indicates whether the power is on or off and also indicates if the DDT compression driver is active/clipping.
 Features: 7.5
 7.8
 8.4
 7.2
reviews (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
TKO 115 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 28, 2005

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Sound: Right now I am usein a Carlo Robelli Bass not so great but I've been saving for an amp. I play all type with my band pop punk, with my self classic and new rock, also a lot of funk, blues, jazz and slaping. This amp has great range to reach all of the sounds I need and more infact my buddy plays ska and country and used my amp tweed the EQ and loved it so its good for those two genres as well. It's not that noisey Small hum. But you will need to but an extention cab if you have a loud band if not you'll be ok. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this amp for a short time no gigs as of yet. but I would definatly trust the amp 'cause it's a Peavey and in my opinoin Peavey and Fender make the best qality items around for bass that is. Ill rate this a 9 just by my opinon but it is just an opinon. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I'm am very pleased about the sounds it makes. With an extra cab to help with Volume It'll be ok. I compare it too the TNT 115 Because its only a small amount less in features and wattage but for me it is just fine. I wish the wattage was better but what do you expect for $380 with a great tone. I love the EQ and if this was lost and I had the cash I would buy The TNT 115 but this will do me just fine seeing as it wount be stolen any time soon. I also own a Vintage 1980's Ricenbacher Bass amp, Yamaha 68 keyboard, and a Peavey Transtube 100 watt guitar amp. // 9

TKO 115 Reviewed by: jameroquai, on september 04, 2007

Purchased from: Trademe ( NZ ebay)

Sound: I'm playing a crappy Ashton AB2 through it at the moment, as I'm in between guitars, but even on this it sounds fastastic. Seems to suit every style I play (rock, jazz, classical, slap, funk) easy enough, and the EQ helps a lot with the sound. Yet to distort the clean channel, so it seems pretty good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing seems to be strong enough to withstand a bomb blast. Sturdy as hell. I've used it at gigs without a backup, and I will everytime, (I don't have a backup, but I don't feel like I need one). Speaker cage, strong outer case, everything it needs to be durable. // 9

Overall Impression: This amp seems to be a pretty damn good match for my styles. I've only been playing a year and a half, but it still seems pretty versatile. If it WAS stolen, I'd definately buy another. The EQ is damn handy. I had to chose between this, or a Behringer BX600. I chose this. not just because of the 15 watt advantage, but due to the strength and vesatility. No other amp I looked at had an external speaker jack. Only thing I wish it had, like I said before, is another input. But the newer models have two inputs anyway, so problem solved. // 9

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ 6534+ 7.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/15/2014