TNT 100 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 01/17/2006 category: Bass Amplifiers
Peavey: TNT 100
It is 100 watts solid state with a 15" speaker. It has 2 inputs and one output. It has a pre-amp gain adjustment, a treble, a bass, a pyramid, and a post-amp gain adjustment.
 7.9
 9.5
 6.3
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
TNT 100 Reviewed by: S1dewinder, on january 17, 2006

Sound: I am using a Squier P-Bass with this, and it sounds fine. The amp can pretty much make any sound that the bass puts out. The amp has minimal noise and has a clean sound on higher volumes. This amp doesn't pick up a whole lot of interferance, which is nice. The PA system and the guitarist's amp in the band I'm in are terrible with interferance. During practices, my amp is the only one not giving feedback or picking up interferance from other instruments or amps. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Even if this amp was neglected, it probably still wouldn't break. This is a heavy duty amp. This would be the amp that would survive a nuclear war. I would play many gigs with this amp and not even think about a backup. This is just plainly a reliable and durable amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and hard rock. This amp could't match these genres any better, but it even sounds good with jazz and blues. I have been playing for about a year and a half, but I just got this amp about a month ago. I have used this amp more in the last month more than I used my other amp in the last year. If I somehow lost this or let it get stolen, I would most likely buy a similar amp, but I might move up to the TNT 115. I compared this to the Fender Bassman 100, but chose this amp hands-down. The Fender Bassman was way to expensive for me, and this amp really gets the job done for a lot less money. This is the way to go for intermediate bass players. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr VIP 2 7.6 Guitar Amplifiers 06/02/2014