TNT 115 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 05/10/2012 category: Bass Amplifiers
Peavey: TNT 115
Great for small clubs or just as a practice amp. Features include an active/passive input select switch, pre- and post-gain controls, and a bright boost switch. Other controls include a contour EQ switch, high and low shelving-type tone controls, 7-band graphic EQ with in/out switch and a footswitch-controlled EQ effects loop.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 8.7
 9.2
reviews (3) pictures (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
TNT 115 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2005

Sound: Well, I play my Squire Jazz through it, as well as anyother basses I get my hands on, they all sound pretty good. I Play mostly classic rock as well as punk and any otehr songs I think sound cool, the only problem is it has a little trouble getting the slap sound I want, but that may be because of the bass. This amp is loud, 200 watts. When I'm practicing I hardly ever turn the volume past 3 and my 2 guitarists use a couple of 100 watt combos, so volume is never a problem. // 8

Overall Impression: It seems to be a good match for anystyle of music I've tried so far. I've been playing a little over 2 years, my first amp was a Peavey Minx110, which I liked alot so I looked into this, it was all the sound I was looking for and better. If it were stolen, I'd buy a new one for sure, I love mine. I wouldn't take an extra amp with me to gigs because it's very reliable and it also has a little light that flashes when your getting a little rough on the speaker, so no worries there. Very good amp. // 10

TNT 115 Reviewed by: Fuzzle, on july 21, 2009

Purchased from: A Sound Education

Sound: I use a Fender Standard Precision Bass and a 5-string Standard Jazz Bass on this thing. It handles the low B quite clearly with no muddiness to it. I generally play classic rock (Who, Eagles, Led Zeppelin), a bit of blues (Booker T and the MGs) and some old school metal (Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden) and it covers all of these genres well. The low mids and lows are very thick and punchy but the highs can get annoyingly piercing if you don't cut them. My personal settings are with the low mids boosted, lows and high mids hovering around the middle, and the highs cut to give a great thick sound that make your ears bleed when you hit the high notes. I've gotten a thrashy scooped mids sound out of it but that was no fun so I made the bad sounds go away. Overall it's a great classic rock and blues amp. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've just recently broken the input jack through some clumsy bumbling through my room but other than that this thing is a tank. It's had drinks spilled on it through the grill on top, been kicked, dropped, brutally assaulted by a roommate and it still kept on ticking. As long as you don't accidentally knee your cable in the jack, it should be fine. Gigging with no backup is not too smart but this amp could pull it off. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing for just over a year now and would have to say this is a very nice intermediate amp. Probably not something I would take to something larger than a bar, but definitely usable for smaller gigs. This thing was on sale for $400 last summer, so I had to pick it up. If this were lost/stolen/completely broken, I wouldn't get a new one; I'd look into getting a head and cabinet (preferably from Peavey since I like products that don't break). The nice thick vintagey tone that this amp gives is my favorite part about it. I only wish the speaker was better at handling the power this amp is capable of. Oh well, time to get it fixed. // 9

TNT 115 Reviewed by: ME16510, on may 10, 2012

Purchased from: World Of Music (Erie PA)

Sound: I normally use a Peavey Millenium Active 5 string with it, sometimes I'll use a Yamaha BB400 which is a Fender P-Bass knock off. The B string on the Peavey just roars out of the amp. The overall sound of this amp is pretty "scooped". It sounds just beautiful using it in the store with out a band with you, but the mids aren't that strong. The graphic EQ really helps with boosting the mids a little so you won't get drowned out. This amp's lows are extremely powerful normally I have to go to about 3 0'clock or +12db on the lows or else the speaker will have trouble handling it. This amp is pretty loud, but it still doesn't sound near 600w, it sounds about 250w when maxed out. I use this mainly in my concert and marching band for school and it is often drowned out. I am hoping to get a Peavey headliner 2x10 add on cabinet to get some more sound out of it and to increase the mid range. I also never use the tweater because it adds too much high end gain and barely any sound difference is noticed. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This thing will last you forever I swear. I have it attached to a cart because our marching band practices outside and I don't want to carry it outside by the handles every day. I have played outside in the rain with it nothing was noticed. We actually have two other bassists in the marching band and someone put the outlet in a puddle of water for some reason and the other two got shocked and I was the only one who could keep playing. It is pretty heavy, but manageable with one person. It is just very "cubular" would be the best word and is awkward to carry alone, two people it is really easy to move. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I really like this amp I am hoping to get a 2x10 add on cab like mentioned above. The tone is OK I would like to have more mid range control, but a great amp anyway. I would probably recommend this to somebody. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 15 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014