RB30XM Review

manufacturer: Randall date: 04/12/2004 category: Bass Amplifiers
Randall: RB30XM
The Randall RB30XM bass amp has plenty of bark for an amp this size. Great sound and heavy duty construction. Passive and active inputs, an effects loop. 30 watts of power.
 6.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
RB30XM Reviewed by: yertletheturtle, on april 12, 2004

Sound: This amp sounds very good with a distortion pedal in the effects loop, it gives a very wide range of distortions, depending on the pedal (I use a BOSS Heavy Metal HM - 2.) At high volumes this amp gets very distorted and the speaker buzzes somewhat, which can get a little annoying, but its usually tolerable. One thing I must say that is negative about this amp is it hums A LOT. With the mid pickup off (Im using a J - Bass) and the tone control all the way up it hums to no end. When recording this is annoying as hell. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This amp is definetly dependable, and is very durable. I've hit this amp off of doors, walls, cars,the ground, people(very hard, I might add)and it just keeps on going. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and a little punk, and the like, and it is matched up very well with these genres. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably choose another amp, simply because I'd like to check out some other amps, not because this one was disapointing. What I love about this amp is the effects loop. I love being able to run pedals into the loop. I also love were the headphone jack is placed, which is right next to the large switch so it is easy to find, if you are playing in a dark room, or in a situation where the amp is under a desk or table where there is minimal light.If there is one thing I wish it had it is more controls. There are only 4 knobs on this amp for tone shaping which are: BASS, MID, TREBLES, and CONTOUR. I would recommend this amp to a begginer looking for their first amp, or a more experienced player looking for a small amp to practice with. // 8

More Randall reviews rating category latest review
+ RD20H 9.2 Guitar Amplifiers 07/16/2014